GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 gmc acadia it has been leaking for over 5 months it wasn't my problem until now ( I'm the owner now, it was a gift). I have check the sunroof drains and they are good, clean and everything. I even sealed the sunroof and moonroof because of everything I have read here, water test pass just fine and then a storm comes I left it out of the garage to make a test and there it is a f..... water leak inside on the passenger side. I have check the seal, the rack on top and everything is good no leaks i dont know from where else can this come from, pls I need help knowing how to take the headliner out or ideas from where is the water coming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headliner from the middle of the passenger rear door to the front to down the pillar, i took the pillar out anthem it rained the water stopped where the pillar start

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
If you are certain the sunroof is sealed, I would next be looking for a leaking luggage rack bolt hole.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are certain the sunroof is sealed, I would next be looking for a leaking luggage rack bolt hole.
I try that today I took it apart and threw water on them and nothing happened they were getting out the way they were supposed

·
Registered
187 Posts
Start the car and crank the hvac to max with recirc on.
Close all windows and doors and spray the car down with water and/or soap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2007 gmc acadia it has been leaking for over 5 months it wasn't my problem until now ( I'm the owner now, it was a gift). I have check the sunroof drains and they are good, clean and everything. I even sealed the sunroof and moonroof because of everything I have read here, water test pass just fine and then a storm comes I left it out of the garage to make a test and there it is a f..... water leak inside on the passenger side. I have check the seal, the rack on top and everything is good no leaks i dont know from where else can this come from, pls I need help knowing how to take the headliner out or ideas from where is the water coming.
With the sunroof option, there are water drain hoses at the front on each side of the tray that the glass sits in. Two very small (to small I say) holes in the very front corners. These tubes connected to them run down the A pillar on each side and into a rubberized fitting that goes through the firewall. These fittings have little small flexible 'fingers' that act as a one way valve to let water out but keep air, dirt etc out of the tube. One of those great ideas on the drawing board that just really fails in the real world. You can get to the left side fitting by removing the A pillar trim and the front dash panel where it meets the window. You have to reach around and feel for it. Pull it out, cut the fingers out with a knife or something and replace. The right side I think can be reached either the same way or after removing the glove box, i'm not sure on that. It's been awhile. If these fitting are partially clogged, water overflows the sunroof tray and runs down the A pillar and or onto the headliner If they clog up completely you'll have very wet carpets after a good rain. The seal around the sunroof was nver really intended to be stormproof or last the life of the vehicle hence the drain system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts