GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 GMC Acadia SLT
Three things to ask.
One, do the projector headlights bounce when I hit a bump? Think those are called adaptive headlights.
Two, does anyone else’s drives side low beam look bent? Is it meant to be that way. When I pull in the driveway, that side looks curved.
Three, are there projector fog light bulbs I can get to replace the non projector fog lights.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
1. The 2011 Acadia headlights are neither self-leveling, nor articulated. The headlights are mounted in a fixed position. They will bounce right along with the vehicle's body.
2. What do you mean by "low beam look(s) bent?" If you question the way the headlights are aimed, see someone who can properly adjust them for you.
3. Shop the internet and look for what you want. Search using keywords "2011 Acadia projector fog lights" and see what results are shown.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
2. (revisited) If the low beam projector is pointed in way different from the others, the headlight assembly is probably broken internally. In that case, the assembly should be replaced. You might be able to find someone who can open the headlight assembly and repair it.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
the top is headlights bottom are fog lights… I unfortunately don’t have the money to go to dealer to get it all new.
Find an independent shop to help you out. If the vehicle needs new headlight assemblies, they could be found at a used parts (salvage) operation. Used parts are easily found online, too, at sites like carparts.com. The problem could be resolved inexpensively if the bulbs are just not installed properly.

p.s. Stick to one thread for individual problems. Answers will be all in one place instead of "shotgunned" over the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts