GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the manual seems to say that I need to have the dealer replace a burned out headlamp (not the LED strips). Is that true, or can I replace it myself? If I can, what is the replacement bulb?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
You can remove about 4 screws from the wheel well.... turn wheel in.... and should be able to access the caps at the back of the headlamps.

If you need a little more room--- you can remove the front wheel.

pretty much like the video below.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
if its not the HID--- it should take the regular H11 bulbs. (low beam)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Do you know what they charge at the dealer for this? I was talking to a service tech one day and they said it's around $150 to change 1 headlight!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
C'mon! That's just absurd!!!!

Anyways, for us peoples that don't mind getting our hands dirty thank goodness we can still do it!!

Reactions: CGTIII

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know what they charge at the dealer for this? I was talking to a service tech one day and they said it's around $150 to change 1 headlight!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
C'mon! That's just absurd!!!!

Anyways, for us peoples that don't mind getting our hands dirty thank goodness we can still do it!!
Oh, good, I thought I read somewhere that it had to be done at the dealer. Thank goodness it doesn't!

Thanks for all the input!

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Oh, good, I thought I read somewhere that it had to be done at the dealer. Thank goodness it doesn't!

Thanks for all the input!
Your Acadia is a 2015. If the car is still under B2B warranty, it's repair won't cost you a dime!

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Do you know what they charge at the dealer for this?

I believe Ive seen some someone post $300 for the pair. (done at dealer).

The dealers method--- (at least on the Traverse) was to remove the front bumper....

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is absurd. I replaced both my head lamps last night in about 20 minutes.

It is amazing that this is the second time that I have had both head lamps go out within a week of each other.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts

It is amazing that this is the second time that I have had both head lamps go out within a week of each other.
Yeah- if I was in a hurry... I can unscrew the 4 screws- and replace the bulb- and close it all up- in about 5 min- per side.

·
Registered
89 Posts

I had both mine go out within about 24 hours. Drivers' side went out Thursday and passenger side followed on Friday. Sure was fun driving home from a hockey game with no headlights. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had the same problem one night. Thank goodness for fog lights!
Laf, unfortunately our '15 Acadia doesn't have fog lights. Our '11 Acadia did, but we don't get a ton of fog around here so it's a less common option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, so as I mentioned above I had both headlights go out. 2015 Acadia SLE2, non-HID. Went to my FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Store) and picked up the cheaper bulbs. Still $30 apiece. :p Installation was pretty easy and they work, but the beam is *horrible*. It's like the headlights are aimed at the ground - there are two hot spots on the pavement out to about 10-15 feet in front of the car, and very little light past that. When pointed at the garage door, the old bulbs had a razor-sharp cutoff about hood-high. These have a very weak halo of light spread much higher up. High beams function, but are still kinda weak.

Does anyone know if there is some adjustment function that needs to be reset when replacing the bulbs? I mean, driving it like this is dangerous, especially in a University town where people tend to wear dark clothes and don't think twice about walking right out in front of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, so as I mentioned above I had both headlights go out. 2015 Acadia SLE2, non-HID. Went to my FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Store) and picked up the cheaper bulbs. Still $30 apiece. :p Installation was pretty easy and they work, but the beam is horrible. It's like the headlights are aimed at the ground - there are two hot spots on the pavement out to about 10-15 feet in front of the car, and very little light past that. When pointed at the garage door, the old bulbs had a razor-sharp cutoff about hood-high. These have a very weak halo of light spread much higher up. High beams function, but are still kinda weak.

Does anyone know if there is some adjustment function that needs to be reset when replacing the bulbs? I mean, driving it like this is dangerous, especially in a University town where people tend to wear dark clothes and don't think twice about walking right out in front of you.
Any resolution on this? I just replaced mine and have the same issue...:cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts