GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the Head-up Display is in the Acadia. It comes as part of the Technical package but I've no idea what it refers to. ???

DD

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It projects the speedometer, tach, outside temp, etc. on your lower windshield so you can view the info without looking down at your gauges.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I wanted to make sure it wasn't the display which shows how much tire pressure you have in each tire.

loach said:
It projects the speedometer, tach, outside temp, etc. on your lower windshield so you can view the info without looking down at your gauges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe tire pressure monitoring systems are standard on all 2009 models. Maybe even on the 08's. My system works fine. One thing to note, if you get your tires rotated, the TPM sensors must be recalibrated. Make sure you mention this to whoever is doing your maintenance if it's no a GM garage.

GM

·
Registered
423 Posts
GmMachine said:
I believe tire pressure monitoring systems are standard on all 2009 models. Maybe even on the 08's. My system works fine. One thing to note, if you get your tires rotated, the TPM sensors must be recalibrated. Make sure you mention this to whoever is doing your maintenance if it's no a GM garage.

GM
I have an 08 and it has the pressure monitoring system

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
My 07 has TPMS as well; not sure if it was an option or standard

·
Registered
540 Posts
As of September 2007 all new vehicles sold in the U.S were required to have the T.P.M.S system. They were optional before this. Many cars had them but many trucks and SUV's didn't. After the Ford Explorer roll over problem the government pushed to have these system placed in all new vehicles. Most just have a warning light. Some like the Acadia can give the actual tire pressure.

Bobby

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it is odd that the Heads Up Display shows what gear you are in. I would much rather have the compass there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Gear probably only matters if you switch to manual - but once there, I would want to monitor it on my HUD since it will change relatively soon.

I agree about the direction indicator. Having it on the HUD would be nice - but I use that information about as much as gear info (don't use manual much) - and probably less...since I have the NAV...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't have HUD, but I am curious about something.

Does it display the actual gear that the car is in, or is it just like the DIC and displays the top gear that is selected when in "L". (Note: "L" is not a manual mode but simply a way to set the highest gear that the automatic will shift into)

So does the HUD display the actual gear that the car is in and change from gear to gear as it is shifting, or does it simply display the gear that is set when using the "L" mode (i.e. the max gear for the automatic)?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
When in "L", it displays the gear the transmission is currently in. In "D" there is no gear display on the HUD

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can afford it, get it!  You will love it!

I fought with my wife as to why I needed this $500 (?) option, but I won and she's glad I did.  It shows you your MPH, outside temp (optional), new song for abour 5 seconds when XM changes songs or you turn stations, RPM (optional), and when used with the NAV, it shows you your turn by turn as they come up...including a per/100 foot countdown as you approach an onramp/offramp.

If you don't want it on, you can turn brightness down to zero.

(I never, NEVER, look at my guages anymore, even when there's a cop behind me)

p.s.
She also fought with me about the HIDs which she also loves...it is awesome to be married and right once in a while!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
After having a much more basic type of HUD in a '96 Bonneville, this was another factor towards the Acadia for me. I'm the same way radar- I looked at it as the bench seat credit offset the $500 for the HUD. You have to savor that "right" when you can, although I've been proven to be almost always right 97.3% of the time ;).

OK, everyone is ALMOST always right 100% of the time. Just seeing if you are paying attention here.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Blue - Just FYI - I'm paying attention ALMOST 100% of the time. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
jsimms said:
When in "L", it displays the gear the transmission is currently in. In "D" there is no gear display on the HUD
Actually no, it shows the maximum gear selected - not the gear you're actually in. Just tried it out tonight. Put it in "L" and set the maximum gear to "6" and left it there. The HUD displayed "6" the whole time, and I can assure you the transmission was shifting up and down through all the gears.

It would be really cool if it showed what gear you're actually in, but it doesn't. Except of course when the maximum gear you've set happens to be the gear you're in....

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Loach - You are 100% correct about how "L" works. It is not a manual in any way, but just a way to select the max gear of the automatic transmission. It will still automatically shift through all the gears below that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a NAV radio, your vehicle will not have a compass.

If you don't have a NAV radio, then the compass should be displayed on both the IPC and the HUD.

MKA said:
I think it is odd that the Heads Up Display shows what gear you are in. I would much rather have the compass there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:thumb:
I just got my new Acadia last week. (I couldn't be happier!) The HUD was not on my list of options that I had to have but my car was equipped with it and now I am such a fan! I think that the HUD and the remote start are my 2 favorite features. (Other than the overall design of course) My husband was afraid that that the speedometer would be conservatively programmed for speed with 19 inch tires (mine are 18) but I brought my Garmin with me this morning and the speed on the HUD was completely accurate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had to wait two extra months at the start of 09 production because of a wiring harness problem with the HUD. It was worth the wait.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2007 SL2. Ever since the NAV/Radio was replaced due to a disc read error several months ago my Heads Up Desplay says "CHECK GAUGES". To duplicate the issue I simply put the car in park and apply the parking brake, the Check Gauges text appears then disappears. The dealer says its telling the parking brake is applied but my brother-in-law's 2008 doesn't do this. Further, the "parking assist" message displays in the DIC if you put the car in gear and the parking brake is applied, this is normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts