GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my new car….the display showed the speed I was going and also the posted speed limit at the same time on the HUD. 3 months into ownership, I lost the posted speed limit and it only displays the speed I am actually driving. Would anyone know how I could get the posted speed limit back on my HUD?? Thx much

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Read about the head up display (HUD) options in your owners manual. The HUD has multiple viewing modes. Press the "INFO" button through the view 'menu' to see if the 'posted speed limit' readout returns.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Read about the HUD options in your owners manual. The HUD has multiple viewing modes. Press the "INFO" button to see if the 'posted speed limit' readout returns.
+1, I believe the display of the speed limit sign on the HUD is a user controlled option.

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
+1, I believe the display of the speed limit sign on the HUD is a user controlled option.
It could be tied to the 'posted speed' display on the instrument panel. If that's turned off, then it stands to reason it would be off in the HUD, too.

Reactions: divotdug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Read about the head up display (HUD) options in your owners manual. The HUD has multiple viewing modes. Press the "INFO" button through the view 'menu' to see if the 'posted speed limit' readout returns.
Thx. I’ve checked and rechecked the owners manual. Even went back to the dealership today. Service department gave me to a sales guy…he couldn’t figure it out either. 😞. Appreciate your effort tho’

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be tied to the 'posted speed' display on the instrument panel. If that's turned off, then it stands to reason it would be off in the HUD, too.
Hmmmm. Not familiar with posted speed display on instrument panel. If mine has been turned off….where do I look to turn it back on??

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
... Service department gave me to a sales guy…he couldn’t figure it out either. ...
That wasn't real bright of the service department! My salesman couldn't tell me where the battery was on my Acadia. LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
Hmmmm. Not familiar with posted speed display on instrument panel. If mine has been turned off….where do I look to turn it back on??
It should be a menu item in one of the DIC pages. Look under 'vehicle personalization' in the owners manual to find out how to access them with the steering wheel controls. NAV settings might be another place to look.

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
This video shows how to turn the speed limit sign on in a new Chevy. Acadia should be very similar to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is your "DIC" in Touring or Sport display? Because it will show differently from each mode.

In "Touring" it will show on the top left corner of the "DIC"

In "Sport" it will be in the center of the "DIC".

And for "HUD", it will show in the "Speed View" mode.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thx. I’ve checked and rechecked the owners manual. Even went back to the dealership today. Service department gave me to a sales guy…he couldn’t figure it out either. 😞. Appreciate your effort tho’
Read this section that's in the Owners Manual:

Instruments and Controls 117 - 119

It starts from here: 117-119

Driver Information Center (DIC)
(Midlevel and Uplevel)

And

Instruments and Controls 121

HUD Views

Reactions: Ivar

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
Read this section that's in the Owners Manual:

Instruments and Controls 117 - 119

It starts from here.
Driver Information Center (DIC)
(Midlevel and Uplevel)
Good find! (y) I located the same thing on page 98 of the 2021 Acadia owners manual online version almost the same time as you posted your reply.

Reactions: fee5fofum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It should be a menu item in one of the DIC pages. Look under 'vehicle personalization' in the owners manual to find out how to access them with the steering wheel controls. NAV settings might be another place to look.
thx. Will give it a go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts