GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So used Meguiar's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit but it did ok job here are some images to get rid of deeper scratches should in use harsher sand paper from home depot and what level should I get if harshness or just leave it thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
just leave it. unfortunately, once the headlights have been sanded, they need it again even faster. It removes the UV resistant coating, and while you can recoat them and try to keep them cleaner, it just seems like you end up having to resand/polish them far more often once its been done once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So used Meguiar's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit but it did ok job here are some images to get rid of deeper scratches should in use harsher sand paper from home depot and what level should I get if harshness or just leave it thanks
I’d recommend just finding a color match vinyl to match your paint. I had the black metallic paint job with black metallic vinyl just over the top portion of the headlight. It actually looked pretty good and covered the annoying fade. Just make sure you trim it nicely. Obviously you don’t want to put it over the entire light. I had mine just enough to cover it and still see the DRL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’d recommend just finding a color match vinyl to match your paint. I had the black metallic paint job with black metallic vinyl just over the top portion of the headlight. It actually looked pretty good and covered the annoying fade. Just make sure you trim it nicely. Obviously you don’t want to put it over the entire light. I had mine just enough to cover it and still see the DRL.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vinyl was purchased through amazon. The brand was RVINYL. I can’t find a better photo in my phone and unfortunately I no longer own the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts