GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, 2015 acadia awd with 80,000 miles. Hazard flashers started turning on randomly. A few times while parked and often while driving. There is no flasher relay in this vehicle. They always turn off with a push of the button. Dealer is stumped. I am thinking about replacing the switch myself, of maybe someone has anther idea of what may be causing this. If I replace the switch, any ideas on how to remove it from the dash? Does the bezel just snap out?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Removing the center stack trim is outlined in discussions about changing radio head units. It's not difficult to do.

Before you do that, though, try pulling the PRK LAMP relay in the underhood fuse box with the hazard lights turned on (if it hasn't been done already). If it turns the hazards off, replace the relay and see if that solves the mystery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I did try pulling the relay with no success. I believe the hazard lights are controlled by the body control module. I think my problem is in the switch or the connection to it. I will search for the thread you suggested on how to get to it. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
... I believe the hazard lights are controlled by the body control module. I think my problem is in the switch or the connection to it. ...
The BCM is involved in a bunch of seemingly simple 'body functions." Hope you're right about the switch/connector and the problem isn't with the BCM. If you need a wiring diagram, look for a link to the FSM in a sticky of the "GMC Acadia" part of the forum. There's one for your model year at the bottom of the thread. It has a section with wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the wiring diagram. It shows that the power mirrors are also routed through the BCM and they recently stopped working. I haven't checked for power at the switch yet but the fuse is good. So, I don't know. I'll either replace the hazard switch and if that fixes the flashers move on to the mirrors or just take it to the dealer. Hazard switch is about a hundred bucks.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
... Hazard switch is about a hundred bucks.
Guess you're 'roped' into buying the one w/info center (DIC switches and pass. seat belt/airbag lights). Bummer! Doesn't appear that style is rebuildable, either. The switch alone is a lot cheaper - like <$20.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, 2015 acadia awd with 80,000 miles. Hazard flashers started turning on randomly. A few times while parked and often while driving. There is no flasher relay in this vehicle. They always turn off with a push of the button. Dealer is stumped. I am thinking about replacing the switch myself, of maybe someone has anther idea of what may be causing this. If I replace the switch, any ideas on how to remove it from the dash? Does the bezel just snap out?
Hi, I have acadia 2015vand facing same issue with the hazard light. Will you please tell me how did you manage to fix yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts