GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Since you ordered the parts, when you install them and everything works, speleos should say he is sorry.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Since you ordered the parts, when you install them and everything works, speleos should say he is sorry.
I just spit out my drink!! Thats all!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm saying if the stem doesn't work either, the issue may be deeper than just a button problem. The stem and DIC/Hazard buttons pass info through the BCM.
speleos, understood. I just don't know how to troubleshoot that other than ordering the part and trying it out. If it doesn't work I assume I will have to take it in to a dealership. I'm not having any other issues with the car or electrical system right now. The part was $100 and should take about 15mins to replace. GMC was going to charge me a $200 diagnostic and it would have probably cost $300+ to have the same part replaced. Figured I would give this a shot first.

·
Registered
788 Posts
speleos, understood. I just don't know how to troubleshoot that other than ordering the part and trying it out. If it doesn't work I assume I will have to take it in to a dealership. I'm not having any other issues with the car or electrical system right now. The part was $100 and should take about 15mins to replace. GMC was going to charge me a $200 diagnostic and it would have probably cost $300+ to have the same part replaced. Figured I would give this a shot first.
Makes sense to me brother. Hope it works. Sometimes it pays to do what you are almost positive the dealer will do and save yourself a couple hundred bucks!!

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
All I'm saying is look deep before you leap. That 'stem' is at the upper left corner of the instrument panel on my Acadia.

·
Registered
23 Posts
All I'm saying is look deep before you leap. That 'stem' is at the upper left corner of the instrument panel on my Acadia.
Check. Your 07 has a 'stem'. My 12 does not, so I rather doubt that the OP's 13 does, either.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
Check. Your 07 has a 'stem'. My 12 does not, so I rather doubt that the OP's 13 does, either.
Your owners manual says it does (see page 5-27). The stem is also shown on the instrument panel layout (page 5-11).

·
Registered
788 Posts
Your owners manual says it does (see page 5-27). The stem is also shown on the instrument panel layout (page 5-11).
I think owners manuals run several model years all together even though The Years printed on the front say otherwise. This happened with My 2004 M3, manual said something that I don’t remember and I kept trying it over and over and then went to the dealer. The service Tech told me that wasn’t an option on my car and it was on a preface-lift model and they just kept running the owners manual and would until there was a complete body style change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It took longer than expected to arrive but the part and process wrekliss provided ended up working! Much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
Way to go! (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m having this exact same problem. It started after I had to have my battery recharged because I drained it. None of my buttons left of the hazard button work including the hazard button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't get anyone above to reply about exactly what part or where they ordered it from. I might just take it to a dealership to resolve.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
I couldn't get anyone above to reply about exactly what part or where they ordered it from. I might just take it to a dealership to resolve.
If you don't tell us the model year, we might possibly give you an incorrect part number. BTW, GM parts sites are easy enough to use that you could look it up yourself and avoid any miscommunication.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you don't tell us the model year, we might possibly give you an incorrect part number. BTW, GM parts sites are easy enough to use that you could look it up yourself and avoid any miscommunication.
sorry about that. 2013 GMC Acadia

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
sorry about that. 2013 GMC Acadia
Added it to your signature so no one will have to ask again. Wish others would do that before they start posting to the forum! That simple request was made years ago when this forum started. Looks like people don't bother reading the welcome messages any more when they sign up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a google search on my cars problem and it brought me right to the post I needed. No mention of reading a request from years ago. But thanks for updating it for me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It took longer than expected to arrive but the part and process wrekliss provided ended up working! Much appreciated!
Thanks for posting this. I have a 2013 GMC Acadia that has been having this issue for awhile. Same thing: the buttons dont seem to respond or they just go whacky and 1 press changes them 3 times. I am going to order this. I tried looking for it once with DIC as the search. No luck. But looking for GMC 2013 Acadia hazzard assembly seems to give me some hits. If you could tell us what part/where you ordered that'd be great.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts