GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, new to the site and haven't had much luck finding out how to resolve this. Have a 2013 Acadia and the info buttons and hazzard will not work. The strip located right below the center display. As an example I can't cycle through the odometer, or trip details or activate the hazard lights. I looked up info online to see if it was a fuse issue but nothing pointed to these controls. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Is your passenger airbag turning on and off as it should? I noticed that the button you mentioned seem to be part of a different panel in the over all control panel. I’m wondering if just that little sub section went bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your passenger airbag turning on and off as it should? I noticed that the button you mentioned seem to be part of a different panel in the over all control panel. I’m wondering if just that little sub section went bad.
I haven't noticed an issue with the passenger airbag. Its the four information selectors and the hazard button below the display. The image I showed was from the web. For some reason I can't load the picture from my phone.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Being a new user you don't have the ability to yet but we get the general jist of what your trying to share.

1) have you spilled anything in that area?
2) are there any blown fuses?
3) what is the mileage of the vehicle?

4) tear the dash off and pull the switches out. Go up to your local parts store and have them check continuity to see if they are bad. Its free and helps to answer if the switches are bad.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
Have you had the vehicle since new? If not, do you know if someone ever changed the radio headunit or had other work done in the area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being a new user you don't have the ability to yet but we get the general jist of what your trying to share.

1) have you spilled anything in that area?
2) are there any blown fuses?
3) what is the mileage of the vehicle?

4) tear the dash off and pull the switches out. Go up to your local parts store and have them check continuity to see if they are bad. Its free and helps to answer if the switches are bad.
1 - No, haven't spilled anything. Wife's car so it isn't out of the realm of possibilities
2 - I can check the fuses but couldn't figure out which one was for that area anywhere.
3 - not sure as I can't check anymore, but around 70K
4 - I have no idea how to do that and would probably do more damage than good unfortunately...

·
Registered
788 Posts
How come you cant check the milage anymore? Are electrical problems common with this car? Could be its a bigger issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How come you cant check the milage anymore? Are electrical problems common with this car? Could be its a bigger issue.
Because I can't use the information buttons to cycle through the view (trip, odometer, whatever other info they have on there :) )

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
Because I can't use the information buttons to cycle through the view (trip, odometer, whatever other info they have on there :) )
Have you tried the odometer reset stem in the instrument panel? The problem my be deeper than just a DIC/Hazard button issue if you can't view Trip A, Trip B, and miles using that stem.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Gotcha....didn’t think that one through on my end!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you tried the odometer reset stem in the instrument panel? The problem my be deeper than just a DIC/Hazard button issue if you can't view Trip A, Trip B, and miles using that stem.
I have not. I'll do a search on how to do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, I think you mean the reset using the buttons to the left of the hazard button below the display? None of those buttons on that entire strip work (the ones circled in yellow on the original post). Is there another instrument panel i'm not aware of?

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's the one with the tachometer, speedometer, and all the other gauges.
This is a 2013 acadia. There isn't a manual nob near the gauges to reset or cycle through the trip options as far as I can see. I believe the only place to do that is using the selectors next to the hazard button.

I just ordered the parts and will let everyone know if it fixes the issue. Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
This is a 2013 acadia. There isn't a manual nob near the gauges to reset or cycle through the trip options ...
Says there's one in the owners manual under "ODOMETER" on page 5-26 (online version). Please don't just throw parts at your vehicle hoping something will fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Says there's one in the owners manual under "ODOMETER" on page 5-26 (online version). Please don't just throw parts at your vehicle hoping something will fix it.
speleos, thanks again for looking into this. I looked it up online also. It shows the trip icon and that is the button located to the left of hazard button. None of these buttons work.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
I'm saying if the stem doesn't work either, the issue may be deeper than just a button problem. The stem and DIC/Hazard buttons pass info through the BCM.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts