GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently in the process of locating/buying an acadia. The problem is that the only one that we think we can get through the dealer trade is summit white. While I like white, we already have a white tahoe and I was looking for a different color. White is probably my 4th choice. My concern is that if I settle for this one, will I regret it later? Has anyone else settled for something and regretted it or have you been happy?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Yes! I settled for a silver nickel on my last Vue and was disappointed about it the entire time I owned it.

Where do you live that there's only one Acadia available for you guys? yikes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The dealer in eastern PA that I bought mine from had 9 in stock last Saturday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is actually a ton of acadias around here. We are currently working on a dealer trade; because they are selling like crazy, nobody wants to trade. We are looking for an SLT-1 with only a few add ons so that we don't drive the price up--we want the convience package, XM and power lift gate. We'll take things like the cargo package, heated washerfluid and stuff. We don't have any kids so we don't need the DVD player and currently have a sunroof in both cars and NEVER use them. The problem is that it is difficult to find the exact one that we want.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I hear ya. I would have liked an SLT-1, but all the dealer had on the lot were pretty much loaded and not affordable. Luckily they were able to locate an SLE with the captains seats in the second row for me. Would've liked a blue metallic, but the red jewel was a good second choice.

Just make sure you really are happy with getting a summit white or you'll scowl about it every time you have to get into that vehicle. Okay maybe not every time, but it'll be on your mind. That's how it was with me, I was glad to get rid of my silver Vue. Maybe I'm just weird though. ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I look at the pictures of others, the more I like it. I just got off the phone with my husband and he asked if I would rather settle for different options or different color. he also said we could order one but that would take forever and i don't want to wait that long. i think i just wanted something different since we have a white car already. however, my husband has decided he really wants one too. we might trade his in at a later date and just get another acadia. he said that we could get a different color and he would just switch with me. works for me!! ;D

·
Registered
524 Posts
I initially wanted a different color, but after seeing the Summit white in person was happy to own this Acadia. It really is a beautiful soft white. It also has the added benefit of looking new longer than would the Red Jewell, which I originally wanted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had an extremely difficult time deciding on color. I have a dark Teal (might as well say green) Grand Prix now. I am extremely particular and know that if I settled for one color and wasn't happy with it I would lose respect for the car and would regret it. I went back and forth on the carbon, white diamond, and summit white. I first saw the Acadia in Summit White and it just simply jumped out at me. It was absolutely beautiful, IMO, in that color. I have never before concidered a white (or what I would usually call colorless) car. My Dad has a white Yukon Denali and it looks good in white.

I drove by the dealer a dozen times when they had the white and carbon there together (summit white). Then one day I drove by and they only had the carbon. I still wasn't sure, but when I went back and saw the white again I had finally made my decision. I guess seeing them separately really helped because I felt like the white took my breath away more so than the carbon.

I hope somehow that helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quite frankly I just can't decide on a color. I like the white in everyone's pictures but I also like the Carbon Metallic and deep blue metallic. My husbands white Tahoe is nice but I just don't know if I want another white and that's the problem. It's just tough choosing a color.

boxermom:

I love your dog. We almost got a boxer but now have our beloved English bulldog....an only child!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going to settle on color, we really wanted Carbon, but they could not find one. So we were between the White and Silver, I almost bought the silver, but decided to go to another dealer, and he was willing to look further out, and found me a Carbon that I wanted, just missing AWD, I decided we could live without AWD and put my deposit down, should be here next week! Just make sure its what you want or you will always look at it knowing you settled.

·
Registered
115 Posts
kellyr said:
I love your dog. We almost got a boxer but now have our beloved English bulldog....an only child!
Thanks! Nicki is our first born. We have two (human) children ages 8 and 4.5. She rules the house. Boxers are excellent additions to the family. Although the first two years can be a bit hectic since they are a little hyper! My parents had an English Bulldog, and my sister has one now. So extremely loveable!

Good luck deciding on a color. I'm probably the most indecisive person on earth. I finally made a decision on Summit White, and I still am hoping it's the right decision. I was in line at McDonald's today - there were two white cars in front of me and three behind me. I know it was some kind of sign, but I am not sure if it was telling me that I needed my Summit White to fit in, or if it was saying "what are you thinking - look at all the white cars around!" :D Either way, I'm going with white!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Boxermom, How could you not love this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts