GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer called me yeterday with our VIN# :blob: He also said that it is in transit :blob: :blob: But that he didn't know when they would have it. So besides getting our insurance taken care of, can I use the VIN to get a better idea of when we might finally get our Acadia?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just called the GMC 1-800-462-8782 with my VIN# and they told me that my Acadia is in transit also, they said to call the Dealer and they should be able to tell me more as they are updated frequently.
I am supposed to receive mine next week is all I know so far...........
Good luck........... I would try this number if the dealer tells you nothing.
:banghead: :blob:
Judy

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I suppose you could register w/ mygmlink.com and also use it here to check and see if any of the recalls or TSBs apply (probably not considering it was just built). Is it higher than 17500?

·
Registered
118 Posts
canada46 said:
I just called the GMC 1-800-462-8782 with my VIN# and they told me that my Acadia is in transit also, they said to call the Dealer and they should be able to tell me more as they are updated frequently.
I am supposed to receive mine next week is all I know so far...........
Good luck........... I would try this number if the dealer tells you nothing.
:banghead: :blob:
Judy
Last week I called my dealer and told him my vehicle was on the way (saw the vehicle on the GMC Website Locator)--he had to excuse himself to check his info and sure enough, I had more info than he did. :confused: But, the Customer Assistance has been more helpful than the dealer on updates. The only suggestion I have is to keep trying the GMC 800# until you get someone that is helpful--took me several phone calls to (1) get someone I could understand and (2) would follow thru. Good luck on getting yours Mine is also supposed to be "in transit". janmarie :rock:

·
Registered
118 Posts
BigGuy said:
Janmarie - What website address is the GMC website locator?
www.gmc.com, then on the left side click on Locate your GMC--it will bring up pull-down menus that you highlight and then type in your zip and it will show what is in the area. If you want to access more vehicles in a wider range, you can highlight the address bar and change the count from 25 to 50 and the distance from 50 to whatever. Let me know if you need more info.

janmarie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks JanMarie!

I checked the GMC website locator and found my vehicle too. Just got off the phone with my salesperson. For the first time he is now mentioning the rail strike as a cause for the delay. He said he called the dealership (mine is a trade with another dealer) and they still don't have it. Unfortunately, because mine was ordered from another dealer in BC, I will also have to wait for them to do the PDI before they can then release it back (ship it) to my dealership here in Alberta. After reading all the posts on perhaps some not so honest dealerships out there - I am more than concerned that somehow my vehicle may end up being sold to another buyer. I already have the VIN and my dealer has confirmed it is my vehicle. He also said he is in contact with them daily to make sure there are no "hiccups" (hmm...makes you wonder).

Here's to everyone at least getting a morsel of good news soon.

Happy weekend! :friday:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
admin said:
I suppose you could register w/ mygmlink.com and also use it here to check and see if any of the recalls or TSBs apply (probably not considering it was just built). Is it higher than 17500?
What do you mean higher than 17500? The last five digits are 39245.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does anyone know how often the dealer inventory online updates? Is it once a day or is the inventory in real time. If once a day - does anyone know what time.

My dealer says mine is on the way but it isn't showing up online yet. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine has been at 3800 for 3 weeks now.........ordered it sometime in mid December......and it still doesn't show up online. :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
118 Posts
12+ weeks and still waiting :banghead:
I wonder if we are the only ones who have waited this long for their Acadia! I am seriously considering several options--cancel my order and wait for the 2008's and order from a different dealer or, I am even considering the Buick Enclave--maybe they will give me better customer care than GMC. :angryfire: janmarie

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've thought about the same thing...... should we wait for a 2008? I dont know what to do. I've searched thru "locate your GMC" for everywhere in PA and OH. Cant find my vehicle anywhere. I just hate to start all over again. When I ordered this vehicle, I just assumed it would be in in about 6 weeks.....

How did you get VIN #?

·
Registered
118 Posts
IScubaSlo said:
I've thought about the same thing...... should we wait for a 2008? I dont know what to do. I've searched thru "locate your GMC" for everywhere in PA and OH. Cant find my vehicle anywhere. I just hate to start all over again. When I ordered this vehicle, I just assumed it would be in in about 6 weeks.....

How did you get VIN #?
I search the GMC Locator every day looking for a vehicle that I could purchase in place of my special order. One day I found a Window Sticker and it matched the one I ordered through the same dealership. I called the Sales Mgr. and he looked it up, repeated the VIN# to me and told me it was my vehicle and it should be here in about 10 days--that was on 3/23. The next day the Window Sticker on the GMC Website did not appear at all. I left a message with the Sales Mgr. last Friday expecting to hear the vehicle was close to delivery--he left a voicemail stating the vehicle was still in Lansing and had not been shipped as yet. Go figure?? ??? :angryfire: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't panic if it doesn't show up on dealer inventory. Mine is a confirmed arrival on Friday, but it isn't listed on the inventory. I think it may be due to the fact they ordered it as "sold" and it doesn't count towards their April sales reports. I have the vin number. I think it just depends on how your dealer orders it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK..............my Acadia shows up in my Dealer's inventory. With Vin# and window sticker.
Does this mean he has it? or could he still be waiting for delivery? It is too early to call him.
Trust I would if I could!!! I want my Acadia!!!!! :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:
Thanks for any info, Judy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got hold of my Dealer and they just have the invoice...........yet it shows up in their inventory
on line as if they have it! Says it is due in next week but GM main office told me this week?

:angryfire: :help:
Judy

·
Registered
200 Posts
On line inventory status only means that the dealer has been invoiced for the vehicle. It could be anywhere in between the factory and the dealer

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
janmarie said:
I am even considering the Buick Enclave--maybe they will give me better customer care than GMC. :angryfire: janmarie
I hate to do this to you, but most GMC and Buick dealers are the combined. I doubt you'd get much better service working with the same guy regardless of which vehicle your purchased from him :( Hang in there a bit longer, seems like a lot of people have been getting their orders in the last few days...

·
Registered
118 Posts
admin said:
janmarie said:
I am even considering the Buick Enclave--maybe they will give me better customer care than GMC. :angryfire: janmarie
I hate to do this to you, but most GMC and Buick dealers are the combined. I doubt you'd get much better service working with the same guy regardless of which vehicle your purchased from him :( Hang in there a bit longer, seems like a lot of people have been getting their orders in the last few days...
I know, I am just ranting!! :rant: I did talk with another dealer that seems to be more informed than the one I am working with. The only reason I went with the current dealer was because he quoted $500 under invoice and that was the best around this area.

But, my Window Sticker did appear today so I have another voicemail message in to my Sales Mgr. to see what this means--maybe soon!! :thumb:

janmarie

·
Registered
77 Posts
I made 3 phones calls to my sales rep today.

First one. I left message that I would like to have my order number. Waited a couple hours, no reply.

Second one. I talked to receptionist at dealer. I said "evidently Mr. ------ isnt in today", and she that yes he was and transferred me to his voice mail.

Third call. I found his cell phone number and called. He sounded surprised that it was me. He told me that it was such a nice day out that he was playing hookie for a few hours and that he would be back at work in about an hour. I asked him again if he could please give me my order number............that was 2 1/2 frickin hours ago.

What do you guys think is going on? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :beatdown: :beatdown:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts