GMC Acadia Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
JohnnyRingo said:
@Acadias_r_junk -- There is some good news....at least you didn't plunk down your hard-earned money for a 2012 nightmare.

Johnny
My 2012 has higher mileage then my 2008 and 2010 combined, and with far fewer issues.... what is your point?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My point is the next time Acadias_r_junk (BTW, funny name) is in the market for an SUV, he'll be more educated from his experiences and possibly avoid another nightmare.

Johnny

·
Registered
8 Posts
I to have a 2008 Ar[/color]cadia and the wife experienced the vehicle still running after the keys were removed. Its related to you sunroof/moonroof water leaking problem. The water is coming in on the passenger side near the glove compartment, into the fuse box assembly, causing an electrical short to happen. Of course GM Dealerships WON'T cover the cost of fixing that issue either! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
JohnnyRingo said:
My point is the next time Acadias_r_junk (BTW, funny name) is in the market for an SUV, he'll be more educated from his experiences and possibly avoid another nightmare.

Johnny
More educated? It isn't like every Acadia is a piece of junk, the forums are full of people with problems, not full of people talking about how reliable their vehicle has been. When was the last time you searched "My engine and transmission are running perfectly" to look at all the happy people.

Any vehicle, any manufacturer, any model.... are all prone to problems, they are mechanical machines, things break and parts wear.

Some of my favorite vehicles have common problems, but why avoid them, it is always a gamble anyway.

Reactions: GEORGEC

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I know I would take anything somebody who thinks they are diving an Arcadia and posting on an Acadia forum

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
I know I would take anything somebody who thinks they are diving an Arcadia and posting on an Acadia forum
What!! Wie heiβt das auf englisch :shrug:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Speleos said:
What!! Wie heiβt das auf englisch :shrug:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the steering column replaced around 40K miles. The sunroof gasket was replaced around 55K miles, since it was causing a horrible rattling noise. I replaced the pads and rotors around 58K, and it looked like they had been replaced before, since the torx screw that holds the rotors on was missing. I agree that the Acadia has some quality problems, especially with the steering column and timing chains, but a lot of the stuff seems like it could be prevented with common sense maintenance. 100K for transmission fluid changes? Come on.
Common sense maintenance?
At 74,000 miles and NEVER missed any maintenance and out of nowhere it starts throwing Traction Control warning on the dash and engine dies in the middle of a turn in traffic.
Engine timing belt slipped and threw a piston into a plug. So there is a problem with GMs 6 cylinder engines. My mechanic has 4 on his lot waiting for engine and or transmission replacements.
GM should be held accountable for their faulty products.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For how long? In 2012 GM offered a 5 year/100k miles powertrain warranty. Somewhere along the way repairs become the responsibility of the owner.
For the money I paid for this Acadia the engine should last 200,000 miles with proper maintenance. No I don’t think they should warranty it forever, but if you can’t get high mileage out of a supposedly well built automobile then why even bother buying one.
The EPA screwed up the automobile industry.
I had a 1978 Monte Carlo for 10 years and never had one issue with that 305 engine. I sold it to my brother in law and they drove it another 10 years. That was pre EPA major restrictions.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For the money I paid for this Acadia the engine should last 200,000 miles with proper maintenance. No I don’t think they should warranty it forever, but if you can’t get high mileage out of a supposedly well built automobile then why even bother buying one.
I had a 1978 Monte Carlo for 10 years and never had one issue with that 305 engine. I sold it to my brother in law and they drove it another 10 years. That was pre EPA major restrictions.
Catastrophic engine failure at 74K is certainly unfortunate, no doubt about it, but making an EPA theory based on 1 data point each, is hardly valid. I'm sure there is someone that had a 1978 Monte Carlo with a 305 that failed early and has a new vehicle that has lasted long. That would make 2 data points.

Not to mention the whopping 135 hp from a 5.0L and horrible gas mileage. I'd rather take my chances with a newer engine and computer controlled fuel injection.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Catastrophic engine failure at 74K is certainly unfortunate, no doubt about it, but making an EPA theory based on 1 data point each, is hardly valid. I'm sure there is someone that had a 1978 Monte Carlo with a 305 that failed early and has a new vehicle that has lasted long. That would make 2 data points.

Not to mention the whopping 135 hp from a 5.0L and horrible gas mileage. I'd rather take my chances with a newer engine and computer controlled fuel injection.
It is unfortunate, and I get being soured, but it doesn't equate to the Acadia or its motor being "faulty".
I also get liking the simplicity of older cars, I somewhat do also. I could pretty much take apart and put back together a 1978 Monte Carlo... but for what? I'd end up with a 1978 Monte Carlo.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
The LLT V6 was used in many GM vehicles. Many have seen 200K miles. Unfortunate that yours failed when it did but premature engine failures do occur. It does not mean it is a bad engine. Many less expensive vehicles were equipped with the same engine.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the 2012 GMC V6 the same engine design used for the 2021 GMC V6? The 2012 is an LLTV6 versus the 2021 being a LGXV6. Is the later improved over the 2012?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Is the 2012 GMC V6 the same engine design used for the 2021 GMC V6?
No. The 2012 Acadia's V6 is the LLT variant - 2021's V6 is the LGX. Look up each variant to find out the design differences. There are many!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts