GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Sorry for the delay in my dilemma about my hatch. Something I failed to notice was there was a small chip on the side of the taillight right by where the hatch closes, therefore there was damage. The bump shop fixed everything (taillight $650.00) .they said it was probably hit in the rear while parked, there was a scuff on the bumper. I had to claim it on my insurance. Still a mystery but it's history. Thanks for all the comments. JSJ
Odd that since youdid have the dealer look at it that they did not notice the chip in the tail light and the bumper scuff or mention it originally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2020 hatch also looks like that bought it bramd new. Along with it being super uneven the taillights on both sides got water in them, touch screen goes black and the 2nd row sealt belt broke and not the sestbelt latch isn't working where the searbelt broke. I haven't wrecked it is there a possibility they hit something?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
My 2020 hatch also looks like that bought it bramd new. Along with it being super uneven the taillights on both sides got water in them, touch screen goes black and the 2nd row sealt belt broke and not the sestbelt latch isn't working where the searbelt broke. I haven't wrecked it is there a possibility they hit something?
Have you taken it in to the dealer for service to maybe get some repairs?

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
New car B2B warranty should cover repair of those items as long as they are defects in the vehicle and warranty is still in effect. Warranty will not cover any damage caused by others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your hatch is too heavy for the roof panel to handle. The hinges are pressing down and push your hatch out of alignment. I dealt with it. Had a 2016 escape. Every ford escape after 2015 with a motorized hatch has this issue. Where your hatch hinge attaches to your roof is most likely slightly bent at this point. Insurance fix or trade in for a manual hatch. All the additions needed for a power lift add too much weight.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts