GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post. Bought my 2019 Acadia last December,certified used. I didn't notice the gap difference in the rear hatch. Dealer says,if something broke they will fix it. If not, my problem. I don't see anything broke. Any suggestions? I don't see anyplace online that sells a service manual for the 2019. GM wants over $400 for there's. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
Some QA/QC inspector was asleep on the job if that's a factory fit. Doubtful the service manual would be any help in this situation - it's usually focused on mechanical and electrical/electronic aspects. You'd likely be better off looking for a body repair guide.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Certified GM car should come with 12 month/12k mile B2B warranty. Dealer should take care of fixing the hatch alignment.

Having spent many hours mucking with door alignment on cars I have restored, some things are better left to a professional.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My first post. Bought my 2019 Acadia last December,certified used. I didn't notice the gap difference in the rear hatch. Dealer says,if something broke they will fix it. If not, my problem. I don't see anything broke. Any suggestions? I don't see anyplace online that sells a service manual for the 2019. GM wants over $400 for there's. Thanks
That's crazy . . . Certified . .. they should do it. A door fitter in a body shop could likely fix that in less than 20 minutes. They generally use jigs on the assembly line to aid proper alignment, but if there was a repair needed later for some other issue, perhaps the hatch door got out of position.
Maybe talk to you dealer sales manager and ask him nicely to please address this. It is not acceptable.

If not. . . try a few indy body shops and give them a call asking how much just to do a door fit on the rear hatch.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Certified warranty should take care of it, but if your dealer balks, don't hesitate to take it to a different one. If they won't fix it, call GM Customer Care and threaten to blast that stuff all over the internet. That's down-right embarrassing for a "certified" vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
Certified warranty may only cover it if body panel alignment is part of the certification checklist. Otherwise, factory defects like that are covered by new car (3yr/36K miles) warranty.

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
... I don't understand what else could cause that much misalignment...
It's not all that much. Someone trying to force the liftgate closed could have caused it. People do weird things when loading a "truck."

·
Registered
463 Posts
Certified warranty may only cover it if body panel alignment is part of the certification checklist. Otherwise, factory defects like that are covered by new car (3yr/36K miles) warranty.
Click here for Chevy's inspection checklist for certified pre-owned vehicles. I can't seem to find a related GMC version, but I have no reason to believe they would be functionally different.

The exterior checklist is actually pretty thorough on what the dealer needs to inspect and repair should there be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
The exterior checklist is actually pretty thorough on what the dealer needs to inspect and repair should there be an issue.
Really? Looks to be lacking in scope to me. It says nothing about checking alignment of panels. Seems geared more toward function.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Really? Looks to be lacking in scope to me. It says nothing about checking alignment of panels. Seems geared more toward function.
Says all exterior items need to be clean and damage free, and proceeds to give a checklist of the various body panels. I would consider this "damage," but it wouldn't be the first time in my life that someone told me I was being too literal.

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
Nonparallel and/or uneven gaps don't necessarily suggest any damage has occurred.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Says all exterior items need to be clean and damage free, and proceeds to give a checklist of the various body panels. I would consider this "damage," but it wouldn't be the first time in my life that someone told me I was being too literal.
I wouldn't call a misaligned panel "damage", but it is something the dealer should take a look at and adjust as needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the comments. Very helpful indeed. It's off to the dealer now. I will post the results on this page when I get them. So glad I found this ACADIA forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the delay in my dilemma about my hatch. Something I failed to notice was there was a small chip on the side of the taillight right by where the hatch closes, therefore there was damage. The bump shop fixed everything (taillight $650.00) .they said it was probably hit in the rear while parked, there was a scuff on the bumper. I had to claim it on my insurance. Still a mystery but it's history. Thanks for all the comments. JSJ

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
Sorry for the delay in my dilemma about my hatch. Something I failed to notice was there was a small chip on the side of the taillight right by where the hatch closes, therefore there was damage. The bump shop fixed everything (taillight $650.00) .they said it was probably hit in the rear while parked, there was a scuff on the bumper. I had to claim it on my insurance. Still a mystery but it's history. Thanks for all the comments. JSJ
Glad to know the repairs are done. Now it seems more like a bump-and-run in a parking lot, perhaps shortly after the sale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts