Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My battery has been replaced three times

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through all the posts on batteries and battery drain issues. I am beginning to wonder if GMC didn't allow a bunch of batteries to go bad (either by sitting around too long or by the way they were made). Some people have had their batteries replaced several times and the cause has not been found.
I would also like to know from the insiders if it is true that no after market battery will work. If it is due to size, that could make sense due to the size of the floor pocket it is in. I can't that of any other reason.

·
Registered
812 Posts
with the Acadia selling like hotcakes, i doubt all these batteries dont sit around that long.... i would suspect the supplier IMO... Mine is running ok except for the gradual drain and the lost of memory settings a week ago. Under 900miles, im not that confident yet.... i done some web surfing, still no definite answer, just the usual suspects --- bad battery, electrical gremlins, shortage, etc. but no official word from GMC. ??? :help:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Even thought I have over 5000 miles and have had it since Sept 07, like SioXie, I am still not confident. That is one of the negative outcomes of a forum like this. Had I not read about it, I would have no reason not to be totally confident.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got an answer to my question on afermarket batteries. One of our members said,
"The deal with the battery is that it has a special type of vent because it is located under the vehicle and cant vent off gases into the box. A lot of GM cars are going to this type of battery location so there will be batteries available in the aftermarket, now when is a whole other question."

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes...we replaced this batter under full warranty. We did not have a battery drain issue...the cause was a "short" in our battery. It went completely dead and would not take a charge. I was out of town so my wife had to have the Acadia towed in...the dealership fixed it while she waited and she was back in business in no time.

Bummer we had to have the vehicle towed...but it's not the Acadia fault...in this case...any battery can go bad at any time. I think we had a bad one to begin with...the volt meter reacts much differently now that we have a properly functioning battery installed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had my battery replaced at about 22,000 miles. Itwould go dead overnight for no reason. Completly dead. I took it in once and they did not find anything wrong. The car died 2 or 3 more times. I took it back and told them to keep testing until they found a problem. The battery failed a load test that time and was replaced. No issues since.

·
Registered
497 Posts
No battery problems here.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
No battery problems here either. 2008 SLT1 built in June 2007.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No battery problems here. Owned our 2008 SLT1 4 months.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I haven't had any battery problems, but I do notice that the guage goes to +or- 15 volts and then slowly makes it's way back down to 13 volts after 20 or so minutes of driving. This is new to me; I usually don't see movement from battery gauge in previous vehicles

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jumped once. Not replaced yet. (Knock on wood.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
sandman said:
Got an answer to my question on afermarket batteries. One of our members said,
"The deal with the battery is that it has a special type of vent because it is located under the vehicle and cant vent off gases into the box. A lot of GM cars are going to this type of battery location so there will be batteries available in the aftermarket, now when is a whole other question."
I voted that mine has been replaced once but it was under the first owner right after they bought it according to the GMVIS info GeoHawk gave me. I know that if have a dead battery the first thing that will go thru my mind will be this thread.

It looks like my Acadia battery was replaced ~ 4000 miles after the car was delievered

·
Registered
423 Posts
i have had to jump twice. but it really seems okay. i think it was the nav. if you start the car and turn if off and never open the drivers door, it stayes on. i havent done an ampreage check, but im sure it is more than a standard radio. im pretty sure that is what happened to ours.
SWEET 300 posts for me! i should spend more time here, i like you people!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I went to Auto Zone yesterday to get a full set of wiper blades. While checking out; I decided to ask about a new battery. To my surprise; they carry and have in stock a replacement battery for my 07; priced at $159 and that is with the $12 core charge

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Not mine - I'll do it at five years even if it's still alive.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Had to have battery replaced two weeks ago on the 2008 Enclave (build date of Oct. 07). Wife sits in the car ALL the time for couple hours at a time, several days a week while at dance/ballet practices for my girls. She constantly keeps laptop plugged in, cell phone, kids watching movies and/or have lights on and she just re-sets after the 10 min battery rundown kicks off so I am convinced those practices over 3+ years are what did the battery in. Also has NAV, so the back-up camera/Nav power issue "could" have had an effect.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ccaats

Did you have a dealer replace the battery; if you did what was the cost?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ccaats said:
Had to have battery replaced two weeks ago on the 2008 Enclave (build date of Oct. 07). Wife sits in the car ALL the time for couple hours at a time, several days a week while at dance/ballet practices for my girls. She constantly keeps laptop plugged in, cell phone, kids watching movies and/or have lights on and she just re-sets after the 10 min battery rundown kicks off so I am convinced those practices over 3+ years are what did the battery in. Also has NAV, so the back-up camera/Nav power issue "could" have had an effect.
That is what I know in the audio market as cycling the battery and it will destroy a typical battery in about 2 years. See my Odyssey battery posts...next time you need a battery, go that route. You will thank me and your wife will be amazed at how much longer the battery will last her.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
ccaats said:
And I bet when you tell your wife she's killing the battery by doing those things, she smiles. ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
AA/78U said:
ccaats

Did you have a dealer replace the battery; if you did what was the cost?
I did, mainly because it was in the middle of a very busy week, wife needed the Enclave back and I just didn't have the time to tackle it myself. It cost just over $250 installed. I could have bought an "aftermarket" battery for about $175 and saved some money, but didn't feel like fooling with it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts