GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my enclave for 5 weeks now and just hit 2000 mi.
and my check engine light came on and car bogged out today.
i restarted and car drives fine but, light still on.
onstar said looks like it was a power issue but, it should be ok to drive huh?
i did have to pretty much fill the entire tank with gas before my trip today.
did anyone go through this yet?manual said it might reset after a few drives just nervous.
Figured someone here might know what is going on since this forum is bigger .

·
Registered
27 Posts
joe-drum,

I had an issue where the transmission seemed to chug once or twice after taking off from a stop sign and the check engine light came on. I took it in and while the code said there had been a power train issue, they were unable to figure out the cause or reproduce it. GM said it might have been an edge case error condition in the transmission programming that fixed itself.

I'd take it in just to have the code recorded so that GM can see if there is a problem trend (and to have the light turned off).

Steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just had a Check Engine light on my Acadia, but no drivability problem. Took it to a local GM dealer (no GMC dealer where I'm spending the summer) who determined an emission control cannister of some kind needed to be replaced. The ordered part and a few days later dropped the fuel tank and replaced what ever it was. No explanation as to why it failed prematurely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
went out and started the car and engine light cleared .
i'm assuming like the maual said:new gas fill up, loose gas cap ornew brand of gas recently.
said would clear after a few start ups and it did so,I'm back to loving my enclave and i'll keep an eye on it.
thanks everyone on the acadia site for your input.Much appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had that issue at about 1,000 miles, the dealer ended up replacing an electronic control module. I had the exact same symptons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know this an old thread, but now at 9k mi., I have this issue. We have been back to the dealer 3 times for this. Each time the light goes out. The first time, replaced the gas cap. The light came back on about 3 weeks later. Replaced the pressure sensor in the gas tank. About 2 weeks later the light came back on. This time replaced the ECM (and flashed the transmission). It's been about a week and the light is back on. Going in on Monday.

I'm actually very pleased with the vehicle. Drives well, comfortable, quiet, and roomy. I'll post the resolution of this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts