GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just found this forum and this is my first post so hope I chose the correct one to post my question in. I have a 2016 GMC Acadia and I have had this issue happen twice and want to see if anyone has also experienced this. Both times I was stopped at a red light and noticed a brief rough idle when the light turns green and I begin to go the “Stabilitrack Off” light and ”Check Engine” light comes on. Today the ”Service Stabilitrak“ also come on. Also, on both times I noticed after the lights go off that the rpm will go up high to at least to the 3 in between shifts. When I turn the engine off and crank it again it is fine. The first time it happen was just before Christmas and then again today. I’m curious to see if anyone else has had this happen and what was causing it. It’s making me sick to know I may have to take it to the dealer and who knows how much this could costs me. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
You need to have it scanned for trouble codes. Posting those codes her will get you going in the correct decision.

How many miles on your Acadia?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to have it scanned for trouble codes. Posting those codes her will get you going in the correct decision.

How many miles on your Acadia?
It has 45,555 miles and it’s not coding I guess since the check engine light is no longer on it cannot read a code.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Back in the day when I was having the stabilitrack issue on my 08, my rough idle came up when I just got off a highway and stopped at a red light. In my opinion what happened,was the air intake snorkel had water collecting inside it and by stopping, a shot of water was gulped into the engine and I got a P300, random misfire, along with stabilitrack. After I did the mod to open up the PCV system, installed a new Mass Air flow Sensor and and cleaned my throttle body, my issues went away. I then had the vehicle for a few more trouble free years.
You may be able to read the history of what code came up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back in the day when I was having the stabilitrack issue on my 08, my rough idle came up when I just got off a highway and stopped at a red light. In my opinion what happened,was the air intake snorkel had water collecting inside it and by stopping, a shot of water was gulped into the engine and I got a P300, random misfire, along with stabilitrack. After I did the mod to open up the PCV system, installed a new Mass Air flow Sensor and and cleaned my throttle body, my issues went away. I then had the vehicle for a few more trouble free years.
You may be able to read the history of what code came up.
How do I read the history of what code came up?

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
How do I read the history of what code came up?
You'll have to explore the functions of your scanner and find out if it's available to you. Your tool may have different nomenclature for a 'history.'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll have to explore the functions of your scanner and find out if it's available to you.
Thank you, I had a friend who has a scanner code it and he is the one who told me no code came up. I’m guessing his does not show a history. At this point I guess I will have to take it to the dealer to let them run a diagnostic on it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a Bluedriver, it has an option to do a full system scan which takes a few minutes. Even though I have no current codes, I just pulled up an Engine Control Module code on mine which happened a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, just found this forum and this is my first post so hope I chose the correct one to post my question in. I have a 2016 GMC Acadia and I have had this issue happen twice and want to see if anyone has also experienced this. Both times I was stopped at a red light and noticed a brief rough idle when the light turns green and I begin to go the “Stabilitrack Off” light and ”Check Engine” light comes on. Today the ”Service Stabilitrak“ also come on. Also, on both times I noticed after the lights go off that the rpm will go up high to at least to the 3 in between shifts. When I turn the engine off and crank it again it is fine. The first time it happen was just before Christmas and then again today. I’m curious to see if anyone else has had this happen and what was causing it. It’s making me sick to know I may have to take it to the dealer and who knows how much this could costs me. Thank you.
3 weeks ago we bought a 2009 top trim options. Today it did something super close to this. We have resolved only the tire pressure sensors(new tires 3 days ago, this might be a clue for my issue?)
Today 5pm, freeway speed on the onramp was hard to achieve. was acting clogged cat type hesitation. At times it would pulse ( pulse like my old honda accord that had a leak the throttle body and would pulse the RPM from .7 to 1.6 on a steady beat that I could rap to) I was able to keep it at 15 mph for about 1 mile, then it just started acting like it was stalling from... uh.. a... No fuel/governer kicking in/engine flooding/rough idle type of issue.

It was super hard to trouble shoot it on the fly because it became apparent VERY FAST this was a super fast degradation. We were stranded within 1.5 miles of being unable to maintain 70mph. So at the offramp we crawled to after 3 miles (45 minutesish) We called my dad to pickup my wife/kids and get another rig, and I just parked the **** thing and walked for a few minutes waiting for the roadside assistance to get the tow truck here. (thank you USAA) Its 40F here. It was 15 minutes parked and cooling off. I turned it back on and it was fine for 30 seconds. Shifted fine, no issues. Then it came back after that, and stalled as I am pretty sure it flooded the motor when something killed the spark but who knows. I didnt get the Traction control/Stablilitrack errors while parked but I still got the same exact result as before.

As someone that has a 99 explorer with 320k miles, I know how to fix things. :p

Now I just need direction, and maybe we can figure this out together?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, also, I have access to a full diagnostic system reader with almost all edit options, I had the car at the tire shop at 2pm today, did they break something like a speed sensor that would cause this issue?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Now I just need direction, and maybe we can figure this out together?
Could be a thousand different things on a 12 year old Acadia. Need to have it scanned for trouble codes.

How many miles? Do you have any service history?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue. Had a tune up done and now the vehicle starts rough & has the code for random/multiple misfires. No other code except today cold start rough idle. The car let me know the battery was low and to start but will not stay running. Before the spark plgs were changed none of this was happening. Anyone find a resolution?

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
I’m having the same issue. Had a tune up done and now the vehicle starts rough & has the code for random/multiple misfires. No other code except today cold start rough idle. The car let me know the battery was low and to start but will not stay running. Before the spark plgs were changed none of this was happening. Anyone find a resolution?
Your tune-up tech may have used the wrong spark plugs, or forgot to check the gap on them. Possibly they didn't use a new manifold gasket and now there's a vacuum leak in the intake. Could also be that the tech bumped some electrical connector and jarred it loose.

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could be a thousand different things on a 12 year old Acadia. Need to have it scanned for trouble codes.

How many miles? Do you have any service history?
Long story for the delay. Ill just update.

140k miles, Timing done at 115k with water pump at a dealer before being resold. We got it from someone who had it 18 months and apparently didnt maintain it. Already replaced 2 CCs, 1 O2 Sensor, random things seem to be wrong but like you said, thousands of things could be wrong. So far I have narrowed it down to a Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, and I am trying to find a video to replace mine. Its P0191 currently, and occasionally I get CC or O2 Sensor codes still.

·
Registered
2013 Acadia SLT1 "Andy"
45 Posts
I'd venture to say the plugs aren't gapped right and I would never reuse a gasket. Hell a new one was $18 when I did mine on the traverse. Was the coil packs changed too or just plugs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor fixed my issue.

Next I get to tackle the AC compressor and a couple of O2 sensors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts