GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has done this? I am curious because I am converting to low beam HIDs very soon. I had HIDs on my GMC full size pick a few years back and someone made the suggestion of leaving the low beams on with the highs.. IT WORKED WELL.... a lot more light on the road!! plus you dont get the delay with the HIDS being dim when first turned on.

It was just a mod to the relay that controls the headlights!.

Any one done this to an Acadia with factory halogens?? I want to do this so I dont have this problem with dim headlights going from Highs to lows..

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I'm sure someone has talked about this; try using the search function; it seemed easy on your other vehicle but sometimes easy things on the Acadia aren't so easy :D

EDIT:

Try posting this in the Xenon section of the forum; they have a moderator especially to answer HID questions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried searching.. no hits.. I will give it some time..not installing HIDS until next week...

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
More coffee and less late nights on this site :-*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a ding dong. The low beams stay on.. just realized it tonight. This is usually the wife's family wagon but I decided to take it on the trip to Texas. I am on my way home tonight and stopped in Memphis to spend the night. I realized pulling into the hotel that the low beams stay on with the highs...

sorry to waste a thread...

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
milkman1371 said:
I am a ding dong. The low beams stay on.. just realized it tonight. This is usually the wife's family wagon but I decided to take it on the trip to Texas. I am on my way home tonight and stopped in Memphis to spend the night. I realized pulling into the hotel that the low beams stay on with the highs...

sorry to waste a thread...

Jim
Nothing wasted as long as you answered your issue or someone here did

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

My HIDS will be here in a few days.... I am excited to get them in.. I think I may just leave the DRL lights enabled!

See what the wife-e-poo thinks...My wife trusts me (thank God) to make the beneficial mods to her vehicles! I love HIDs!

Another question:

NOW I DIDN'T LOOK YET! How do adjust the headlights? Do the high beams adjust independently from the lows or doe the whole assembly adjust together?

I am in the truck and Dad is driving for a bit so I am playing on the web. (I love wireless broadband!)

I wanted to know everything going into the install..besides we creamed a deer no to long ago and the pass side headlight is a little off.. so good time to adjust!

THX

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Not sure about adjustments; might want to search; I'm sure someone has done it. Good luck and let's see some pics of those HID's

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I'm pretty sure one screw adjusts the whole assembly, so no individual adjustment of the low and high beams. I don't have a picture right now, but there is a plastic phillips head screw behind the headlights that are used to raise and lower the beam pattern.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's the whole assembly. the adjustment screw will on top of the headlight assembly. The easiest way to install your HID is to take off your front tires and remove the wheel well mud guard so that you can reach the light assembly from the bottom of it. I just completed the mod this weekend. The wheel well mud guard is a two part assembly, you only have to remove the front half. Should be 5 screws on the wheel well, 2 screws on the bottom bumper skirt, and about 8-10 plastic pop-its. don't forget about the two pop-its on the bottom holding the molding to part of the frame under the front CV joints. Have fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts