GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Must say the GMC Acadia is amazing and both my wife and I are very happy with our purchase. :thumb:
Everywhere I go the truck is an attention getter! There is not one person I have met who hasn't commented on how amazing the truck is (I try to keep it super clean). In my opinion gm is now producing the best bang for your buck mid-size suv on the market. With additional marketing, and comments on the various awards the truck has won sales would be even better for the Lam. platform. A lot of people which have commented on my vehicle didn't even know it existed. Maybe they too will look at GM when making a purchase!
:cheers: To GM

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think mine's great too... and I've had mine since June '07 (41,000 miles ago)!

Welcome to the forum guys & good luck with your Acadias. :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have to concur as well - my 2008 SLT-1 only has about 6K miles on it, but I've been quite happy with it so far. No problems what so ever - only minor complaints I have are that it doesn't get quite the mileage I was expecting (but then again, driving it at 80+ mph on San Diego freeways probably is my root cause) and the tranny wants to up shift a little too eagerly sometimes, forcing me to push on the accelerator to get it back into a gear with more umph. That said, when I do need to step on the pedal, it does seem to have plenty of power.

This was the first american car I'd purchased in over 25 years - last one was a '71 camaro my brother and I bought in high school for $1800 (1983). Cool car, but we drove it into the ground. Since then I've had VWs, Toyotas, and Mazdas. The Acadia was the best fit for my family now and I continue to like it more and more every day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:D

I'll coin in too...we are 1.5 months into ownership and we love it. The back up cam need to be looked at, just haven't had time to get to the dealership on that issue yet....other than that, its perfect. Kid mover, plenty of happy space, great storage, and the bluetooth works flawlessly.

Family vacation travel range has increased for the upcoming summer.

Great job GM!
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Tom in SD said:
...This was the first American car I'd purchased in over 25 years - last one was a '71 Camaro my brother and I bought in high school for $1800 (1983). Cool car, but we drove it into the ground. Since then I've had VWs, Toyotas, and Mazdas. The Acadia was the best fit for my family now and I continue to like it more and more every day.
Glad you are enjoying it. My sister had a '70 Camaro brand new, but it was wrecked/totaled not too long into ownership. There is a "best of both worlds" available to some- the Toyota, Mazda, etc. with the Camaro (or even a Chevy truck) motor and transmission. :) May be an issue out there in Kullifornia though.

<Shameless engine bay photo op>
Toyota Supra
Mazda RX-7

On the topic, we've owned our 2009 SLT2 for a total of 8 months now & have over 13K miles on it. We've visited the shop once for the dash vent chrome ring replacement and at the same time the nav voice command not responding. Batting .500. Overall, we're very satisfied and I think this is the best 8 passenger CUV on the market, but the price is rather high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts