GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have those freebie minutes for the phone service through OnStar and I've use the phone a few times when I've forgotten my cell phone. Seems to work pretty well. But I would never use this otherwise.

My question is: is there any way to tap into the OnStar or installed hands free microphone/receiver and somehow allow a standard old cell phone to use the hands free application that OnStar does?

I hate that there is that nifty functionality in my car but I appear chained and unable to use it for my own purposes.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
If you have Verizon and the family plan, add another line to your plan(the onstar phone) and you have a hands free phone working off your cell plan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Except that it doesn't work like any other vehicle that integrates cell phone and car phone. You still have a separate number, regardless of whether they are sent as two bills or one.

You can forward calls to your car number, but that is a pain to remember to do every time you get in and out. Nope... bluetooth integration still makes a lot more sense. Hopefully someone smart like coastalEtech will develop a bluetooth "go between" that makes integration of an aftermarket bluetooth kit into the GM factory electronics seamless and user friendly, like OnStar currently is.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm guessing, but I believe it's in the ceiling console that houses the universal garage door buttons. I thought someone installed there bluetooth microphone there to be next to their Onstar mic location.

EDIT - oops, there's a separate post stating it's in the rear view mirror...I was in the vicinity...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts