GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: Ordered Acadia 7 weeks ago. Order came in wrong. Dealer said a few more weeks. Bought one tonight from another dealership.

Has more on it that the one we ordered, but what the hell. I've got mine at last!

Yes I will post pix tomorrow. It will need a wipe down in the morning cuz it rained a little on the way home.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats!!! :thumb: :) :D ;D :eek: :blob: :angel:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Isn't it a cool feeling. We got ours yesterday (see post about "pulling the trigger today"). Had it in the driveway today, and it's amazing how many neighbors stopped because they had no idea what the heck that was!!!

So were you told about the 500 mile break-in period where it should not be driven over 55 mile per hour? we are heading out for about a 100 mile drive tomorrw, and it will be hard to keep it below 55!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
YEAH!!! Aren't you glad you didn't settle? :cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Check the owner's manual on the break-in period. 55 mph doesn't make much sense, as with the huge tires and tallness of sixth gear the engine is barely turning over at 55. They might apply the same speed limit to a vehicle whether the engine is turning 1,500 rpm or 2,500 rpm at 55, but I don't see that this makes much sense.

Seems that many people are starting to finally get the Acadias they've been waiting for. I hope you'll all consider participating in my site's reliability research (see the sticky thread in this forum). I'm going to have initial results in August, and the larger the sample the more accurate these results will be.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mkaresh said:
Check the owner's manual on the break-in period. 55 mph doesn't make much sense, as with the huge tires and tallness of sixth gear the engine is barely turning over at 55. They might apply the same speed limit to a vehicle whether the engine is turning 1,500 rpm or 2,500 rpm at 55, but I don't see that this makes much sense.

Seems that many people are starting to finally get the Acadias they've been waiting for. I hope you'll all consider participating in my site's reliability research (see the sticky thread in this forum). I'm going to have initial results in August, and the larger the sample the more accurate these results will be.
I don't think it has anything to do with engine speed. The 55 mph break in is for the rear differential for AWD.

·
Registered
119 Posts
dchillrat said:
...I've got mine at last!
Way to go, dchillrat! You're in the club now. Was hoping you'd get it soon. Congrats!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it has anything to do with engine speed. The 55 mph break in is for the rear differential for AWD.

That's was my dealer told me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What a riot! Ours came in wrong last week too! After 10 weeks or more! They worked hard for a day and a half and supposedly found us one and went to get it! But the window sticker had THEIR (dealer's) name on it, as if the factory shipped it to them to begin with! I guess they were trying to look like hero's to us or something, for finding us another car, since they ordered our original car WRONG!!

Isn't it awesome???!!! :blob: I agree with you!! Who cares at this point! We've got ONE!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate to be a carmudgeon but why should there be ANY errors when you're ordering a vehicle?

It's not like the old days where you'd have two pages of option from which to choose. Everything seems to already be standard and whatever is left over amounts to a handful of choices.

I presume the order is filed electronically? It's not like they dealer is calling it in on the phone... or is it?! :confused:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think that this car is so popular that peoples orders are being sold out from under them for a considerable profit by the dealers. It happened to my brother when he ordered his Benz. Somebody else said they would pay more and they sold it to them, then said it was a mistake.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Isn't a picture of a car dealer next to the word "slimey" in the dictionary?

·
Registered
524 Posts
No they put a picture of Bobby the sales manger at my old GMC dealer. Now that guy was a fast talking slime ball.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Some of the delays can be Dealer related because they want to keep Acadia’s on the lot. Some of the delays were because people ordered Acadia’s before we started production.

Either way we need to get these crossovers on the lot faster, people love them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts