GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve ruled out AC, and trans because it’s on passenger side and it’s brand new (transmission), but it only happens when climbing a hill slowly like pulling out of driveway or from a stop light. I’m thinking either power steering pump growl, or a wheel bearing assembly. It’s not in the suspension as I checked that when I was having the trans replaced. When I was there I checked the drive lines (AWD), but didn’t check wheel bearings. With it under an extended warranty plan is like to figure it out. I did notice when I was underneath the car my power steering pump had a leak so not sure if the bearings went out or are going ok. I’ve seen several posts on this same issue but no answers. Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Torque converter growl. It's normal. Doesn't like low speed, low RPM throughput. Rev it up higher, and I bet the problem will be solved.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Torque converter growl. It's normal. Doesn't like low speed, low RPM throughput. Rev it up higher, and I bet the problem will be solved.
It’s on the passenger side which is the motor side. It’s near the passenger wheel well area, or near the power steering pump possibly. Mines AWD so it’s a little different than how my old one acted. I haven’t noticed it since the other day but I also got it stuck this weekend cause my front tires are a bit smoother than my back ones and gave it some rough work and no play so maybe it cleared it out, I also thought about checking to see if there is a rock behind the backing plate on the rotor. I’ve had that happen too

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: found out what it was. After putting it up on a set of ramps, I found out it was that skid plate, frame stabilizer bar that goes from the driver to passenger side directly under the engine, and trans. While I can’t find the specific name for it, I’m going to be getting some new bolts to put back in it. When I had the trans replaced with a new one a month ago, they didn’t put the two passenger side bolts back in, but put the drivers side back in. So the sound is the vibrating of the skid plate, or whatever it’s called vibrating on the frame because the passenger side is completely unbolted.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thanks for the update and info. That may help others with similar issues.

One never knows what things might remain incomplete after a repair done by others.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the update and info. That may help others with similar issues.

One never knows what things might remain incomplete after a repair done by others.
You’re welcome. I figured I’d give an update in case anyone has this same situation. I never would have expected them two bolts gone but they were and that’s the same area as the sound. Makes sense now. Luckily the salvage yard has a Acadia with those two bolts laying right out in the open for me, and they don’t charge for bolts😎

·
Super Moderator
22,026 Posts
Update: found out what it was. ....
I believe you'll find what you're talking about is the subframe, or engine/transmission cradle.

Reactions: Lawdawg

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that’s it. I knew it started with that name but couldn’t for the life of me think of the rest.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Update: found out what it was. After putting it up on a set of ramps, I found out it was that skid plate, frame stabilizer bar that goes from the driver to passenger side directly under the engine, and trans. While I can’t find the specific name for it, I’m going to be getting some new bolts to put back in it. When I had the trans replaced with a new one a month ago, they didn’t put the two passenger side bolts back in, but put the drivers side back in. So the sound is the vibrating of the skid plate, or whatever it’s called vibrating on the frame because the passenger side is completely unbolted.
Sounds like an easy fix, but why not take it back to the shop before and make them do the work? It's obviously something they failed to complete and most reputable shops offer installment warranties.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali SLT2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like an easy fix, but why not take it back to the shop before and make them do the work? It's obviously something they failed to complete and most reputable shops offer installment warranties.
I mentioned it to him and he said they are looking around the shop for the two bolts that they didn’t put in it. They were in a rush when they put the brand new one in and luckily I was able to catch a few things that they had missed before it ever left the shop. I was in a hurry as I had a deadline to make and needed it ASAP and apparently they don’t do so well under pressure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts