GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I excitedly happened upon the Acadia a few weeks ago. Our attraction only heightened after a test drive (SLT model) at a local dealership. The following weekend we rented an Acadia (SLE model) through Enterprise to experience a true test drive. My only disappointment after testing it through a camping trip in the mountains was the noise from under the hood. This particular vehicle had over 6000 miles.

Has anyone with high mileage at this point experienced a grinding engine sound? The sound presented itself during acceleration and high speeds (over 60 MPH). I've read that the Enclave boasts a quieter riding experience. However, I can't believe that all Acadia's would be as loud as the one we drove. Hope some of you experienced Acadia owners can prove this was just a lemon :)[/color]

·
Registered
956 Posts
My Acadia has 10,000 miles and is very quiet at all speeds. I have had no problems. Who knows what kind of abuse a rental car has been subjected too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Bear - Thank you for the quick response! And the encouraging news! We're dying to have one, so want to cover all the bases before we take the leap. Good call on the rental situation...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Your welcome. I haven't even heard of the problem you described. If you read this forum it looks like the Acadia is having problems, but if you go on the other makes forums you will see the same thing. Most of the problems that you see here are small. Good luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know 3 owners of acadia's and no one has had any noise from the engine or drive train. I have over 4000 miles and it is very quiet. We drove a loaner for a weekend that had higher miles and it was quiet also. Sounds like it had a jproblem. The overall problems in this forum are not unexpected or extreme with any new car or truck, i think all in all it is doing very good for a first run and year car or truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts