GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the EG Classic Denali style overlay grille and went to install tonight and ran into a problem. How did you get behind the factory grille to put on the washers/nuts on the studs that are on the overlay? Mine is a 2008 model and Im wondering if there is something different on the front that the 07's didnt have to deal with? There is a piece that goes end to end on mine and I can not get behind the stock grille to put on the washers/nuts. Is your the same and what did you do. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fun stuff isn't it!
I installed the Precision on my '08,
and I can tell you the instructions are......
****!
I removed the 4 (I think)screws along the top edge of the grill, then removed the 2 push/lock fasteners just to the outside of the grill, then I removed the 2 screws that hold the bumper cover (just right next to the inside of each headlamp).
Pull it out enough to squeese you hand behind and do your business. BE CAREFUL not to drop anything because you may never see it again!
Hopefully, the EG Grill has a little better hardware for installation, the threaded studs for the Precision grill where way too long and I had to cut holes in the plastic header panel for them to pass through before installing the flat washers & locknuts on mine.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the screws on the top grille but not the one holding the bumper. I was too worried about doing what you did and causing the bumper to flex too much. I removed the radiator braces in hope of sliding it back enough to get in but that was a waste of time as well- would move enough for me to get my hand in. I wonder if the 07's are the same though?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is this the Grille the Dealer sells?
If so, I got a great deal on mine when I bought the car a few weeks ago.
I'll try and take a few pic's to see what they did to bolt it on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up removing the screws that hold the bumper cover on as well to get access to the back of the grill. I was not a fan of that b/c all the moving/flexing of the bumper but it had to be done to do the install. The screws on the top of EG grill were way to long so I cut them domw a bit. Then durring the install the middle stud broke off the grill but the others will hold it just fine. Definately looks better now :beer:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Please share some pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts