GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone has a grill guard for there Acadia and if it is worth the money and if it is easy to install. heres a picture of the one im looking into.

·
Registered
75 Posts
To me, grill gaurds are hit and miss. Some look good and others not so much. The pic of the one you have there would fall into the not so much category. But, to each their own.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks like crap. IMO

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My opinion is that grill guards are for the tough and mighty look. The Acadia is a CUV. (i.e. a "truck looking car" or "tall station wagon") But I don't think that it is designed for off road rugged work where a grill guard would be required. Therefore, to me it looks totally out of place on the Acadia. Get a real 4X4 truck, and I think then the grill guard would look like it belonged.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That thing looks like someone is preparing for battle or something out of Mad Max...oh well, to each there own...that's what makes us unique!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually like it...I wasnt asking for negative opinions just an answer if anyone had one on theres and I know what kind of vehicle it is I own one! Everyone has there own kind of style....Im not going to take the huge landyaught off road, climb a mountain and go through a jungle I just want it just to be different and not look like all the other Acadia's around here, but ill probably go for the bullbar now that I found a picture on this site of someones....looks great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks good if you are a cattle rancher and live on a ranch where everything has a Grill Guard, otherwise I would leave it off, Don't much care for it!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
It would look better if the headlight gaurds didnt follow the bottom shape of the headlight. That makes it look like crap.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Of Course he does WHO wouldn't!! :thumb: :banana:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
insti,

do you sit around and wait for me to post something? C'mon man; get out there and get that Acadia cleaned up; maybe change the oil and take a drive

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
That's what I've been doing. She's all clean and gets her oil changed and winter mats this week. And of course the window needs to be fixed!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
insti08 said:
That's what I've been doing. She's all clean and gets her oil changed and winter mats this week. And of course the window needs to be fixed!
:worthless:

Let's see it then ;D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
And the winner is!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
insti08, what's that bumper look-n thing on the back of your ACADIA? How about a straight on pic of it?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It's a hitch step, I will take a pic tomorrow AM. I swop it out between the Acadia and my Jeep. I got an extra hitch cover from my dealer, and cut out the receiver square to keep everything covered while I use it.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hey it's not for everyone, some wont like it, but I like it- soooooooooooo I have a daughter who is just learning to park.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Here you go 6,
I sent others.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
That's what I needed to get into my roof top carrier on vacation, I had to run around to try and find a step ladder to get the lock open (poor design :banghead:).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.