GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have not been able to get under our new 08 Acadia since we brought it home late Monday night. Is it like some of the other GM vehicles in that it doesn't have any grease (zerk) fittings on the steering and front suspension? If it does how many are there?

I already have a good game plan for my oil changing routine, going to try something different on this new vehicle over what I did in the past when we bought a new vehicle. Can't wait for the miles to build up. :blob:
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
So this is all the farther that this topic has gone? I'd really like to know too. I guess if I really need to know, i'll get back under the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't know if the Acadia has them. I just assumed it did not as I have not seen a grease fitting on a car in years. Do some cars still have them?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I crawled around under mine the first time I changed the oil and couldn't find any. I specifically looked at the ball joints and felt all over around them. They appeared to be the "lubed for life" variety with no zerks. I'm going to the dealer on Monday to have a hitch installed (compliments of the dealer :cheers:) and planned to aske them as well. I'll report back if I find any more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts