GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or mounted their GPS units inside the center console on the dash? I am trying to figure out how to mount it in there so it is hidden when not being used and just pop it open when I want to use it, I will also have it hard wired in. Thanks for any suggestions! :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you done that yet?

I was thinking about doing the same.
I am not going to hard wire it, but thinking of just putting some velcro to hold it up.
The only concern I have is would it block some of your vision?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the wife a Garmin Nuvi for X-mas and I mounted it at the lower left corner of the windshield in our GTI and she loves it over the stock unit in our Acadia. We went to her brothers place recently and the Garmin was more accurate and easier to read then the stock in dash unit in our Acadia. GM, please wake up!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Garmin is by far the best when it comes to gps. I have a nuvi in my car, and the wife has it built into the acadia. On a recent trip to Chicago the nuvi was much more accurate and re-routes much faster than the stock unit.
The POI's are significantly better too!!!
I always like placing it on the lower left of the windshield. It helps in the vibration and keeps it pretty close that you can use while driving. You can also tuck the wiring away to make a clean install.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We have a Nuvi 660 and love it. Although I do like my VZ Navigator on my phone because it is always with me. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Garmin is the way to go. See the mount in my gallery that I used when we first got our Enclave. Garmin was also one of the selling points of the nav unit that replaced my stock stereo.

Rex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts