1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI.

Received a "New Vehicle Quality Survey" today from J.D. Power and Associates

(Ordered Acadia 4 Jan, Arrived 12 Feb)

It was 4 pages with 18 questions (2 pages of Question 10--Things Gone Wrong).

Only things I had to report were the HIDs aimed too high, HIDs Flash-to-Pass feature does not work in daylight, and Navigation System is inaccurate. Had to skip everything else since it all seems to work fine.
(I did have the recalls corrected, but I never noticed any problems, such as poor shifting on the transmission), so I had nothing to report there.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Interesting. Are these randomly sent to various people? I don't think I've ever gotten one for any car...?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I filled out the JD Power survey today and reported the tranny hesitation issue (still not completely satisfied - but much better after reprogramming) and the Navigation system as not being up to expectations (give me an up to date map cd please). I left the rest blank.

Foggy

·
Registered
497 Posts
Will be interesting to see how many of us receive them.
002 and Admin, since we're all in VA, if I recall correctly, isn't headlight aim one of the things done when a vehicle is inspected? Now, a dealer may just slap the inspection sticker on the car and not run all the checks according to hoyle.
Since my Acadia came from OH without a VA inspection sticker, it will be interesting when I take mine in after getting the title, changing it and getting my plates transfered to the Acadia. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yup. I got one as well. about 6 weeks ago by now I guess.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I got mine Monday & sent it in already.

I mentioned the tranny lag, and the outside temp sticking.

Otherwise it got great marks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just received the survey also.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Got mine about two weeks ago out here in California. Basically said the same as racefla

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got mine this past Monday and have returned it mentioning only my NAV/HUD problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They randomly select people. You also have to buy the vehicle during a specific timeframe, which is the same every year. Sometimes manufacturers will wait until after this timeframe is past to offer optional features that might be troublesome.

The J.D. Power survey has its uses. The manufacturers do use it to identify problems and fix them. But if you want to see the results, you're largely out of luck. The release very little information to consumers, because otherwise they couldn't sell it for hundreds of thousands of dollars to the manufacturers.

With my reliability survey (see the sticky thread at the top of this forum), the people who participate get full access to all results, for free.

Currently 25 Acadias are signed up to participate. I'd like to report the first results in mid-May, but will need more participants to do this.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Got my second JD Power Quality Survey today. Still had nothing to write about but good news :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts