GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a partial vin tonight and will have the full vin next Monday that is the actual day the truck is now scheduled to be built. I was told it would be 5-7 days max for delivery from the build date.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That seems odd (eh?). If they have a partial, they have a full one since they are created at one time. Is it the front part (numbers & letters) or the back (sequence numbers) part?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
That seems odd (eh?). If they have a partial, they have a full one since they are created at one time. Is it the front part (numbers & letters) or the back (sequence numbers) part?
it is the front half my guess is they will have the last half after they know when on Monday it hits the line and they can sequence the final part of the vin.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I could have given you that :) :

2009 Acadia VINs:
Positions 1-3:
1= Country of origin: USA
G= GM
K = GMC Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV)

Position 4:
E= 6001-7000 pounds GVWR, hydraulic brakes

Position 5:
R= FWD OR
V= AWD

Position 6:
1= SLE OR
2= SLT1 OR
3= SLT2

Position 7:
3= Body- 4 door cab/utility

Position 8:
D= 3.6L V6

Position 9:
?= Check digit

Position 10:
9= Model year

Position 11:
J= Plant- Lansing

Positions 12-17:
XXXXXX= Sequential VIN

Hence, 2009 AWD SLT2= 1GKEV33D?9JXXXXXX

Info for the 09 not posted yet, here is 2008:
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/vincard08.pdf

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I was just happy to hear there was now a set build date and to know I would have the full VIN next Monday LOL. Also knowing it will be at teh dealer within 5-7 days from teh date it is built is nice to know also.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yeah, a date certain is great. My last dealer email exchanges were:

Sent yesterday:
Can you tell me what these numbers mean on the invoice:
EXP I/T 09/08/08
INT COM 09/08/08

I take it that it did not arrive today.[/color]

Received:
Yesterday:
Expect arrival

Today:
I am expecting it to get here anyday, Had one come in yesterday thought it was yours but wasnt, so hopefully today it will show

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Yeah, a date certain is great. My last dealer email exchanges were:

Sent yesterday:
Can you tell me what these numbers mean on the invoice:
EXP I/T 09/08/08
INT COM 09/08/08

I take it that it did not arrive today.[/color]

Received:
Yesterday:
Expect arrival

Today:
I am expecting it to get here anyday, Had one come in yesterday thought it was yours but wasnt, so hopefully today it will show
Well hopefully in teh next day or 2 you will get that call or e mail telling you it is in.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That would be great. In typical Acadia Forum fashion, we have a trip planned for Friday. I figured on getting 160+ break-in miles in on backroads on the way home from the dealer, and then another couple hundred locally before we hit the highway. At this point, we may be using the Durango.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
That would be great. In typical Acadia Forum fashion, we have a trip planned for Friday. I figured on getting 160+ break-in miles in on backroads on the way home from the dealer, and then another couple hundred locally before we hit the highway. At this point, we may be using the Durango.
Well hopefully it arrives prior to you leaving to go away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts