GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also many other GMC SUVs. The coupon is good from 4/18/07 - 6/18/07. I can also use the Conquest $$ as well (is it $1000 still?) and I can also use my GM Credit Card earnings of around $3200...as well as my Citibank Drivers Edge card with earnings of around $500...to give me $5700 off on top of my best deal I can get with the dealer. The coupon also said that I would also get any additional incentives (if offered). Unbelievable. I told my wife about the coupon...I think we're going to jump on it during the Memorial Day weekend...hoping they are running some additional incentives during that holiday weekend.

THIS ROCKS!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Where do you live and how why did they send it to you? Did you fill out anything online? It didn't happen to come in a plastic binder did it? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
fenwah, you've been waffling back and forth about the Acadia since this site went live. Now GM is dropping cash in your lap. The car gods are screaming for you to get one of these!! How many more planets have to align before you realize your destiny? Stop wasting your time on those other car forums and get a **** Acadia already! LOL

You know you want to...

·
Registered
99 Posts
admin said:
fenwah, you've been waffling back and forth about the Acadia since this site went live. Now GM is dropping cash in your lap. The car gods are screaming for you to get one of these!! How many more planets have to align before you realize your destiny? Stop wasting your time on those other car forums and get a **** Acadia already! LOL

You know you want to...
:ditto:

·
Registered
8 Posts
fenwah said:
I think we're going to jump on it during the Memorial Day weekend...hoping they are running some additional incentives during that holiday weekend.
The problem with waiting on a high demand, new vehicle like the Acadia is that there may not be much selection to choose from 5 weeks from now for the Memorial Day weekend. And who knows if GMC will have any specials on such a vehicle with limited availability.

If you are serious about wanting the Acadia and you have all of these deals (lucky you!), I would purchase the Acadia now while you still might find close to what you are looking for.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've haven't had a car payment since 2003...been saving for my wife's private practice venture in the next 2-3 years...that is the reason I keep flip flopping around. I really wanted to wait until the G8 and the new CTS came out...but all this free money is just crazy. And I do plan on waiting until Memorial Day...I live in the Dayton area...so Columbus and Cincy are only an hour a way...Indy is 2 hours away....Cleveland and Detroit are four hours away...so I'll be able to find an Acadia that meets my needs.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh...to answer your question about how I received this mailing...my guess is that I requested some information from GMC's website about the Acadia...this was probably six weeks ago. I received some literature on the Acadia and the rest of the GMC lineup via snail mail. However, it did say loyalty program...so it knows that I have purchased a GM car in the past...so maybe a combination of the two.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There's a box on the info request for GMC that asks about your current cars. Perhaps that's what triggered it. In any case I requested info right after reading your post!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got one of these in the mail thursday. I took delivery on 4/10. while I was at the dealers today I asked them what are the chances of using it. I also told them I had the same thing ($1000 bonus cash) when I ordered on 2/17, which expired on 3/15. there was a one month window when I didn't have one of these, which is when my Acadia came in. Dealer said they'd call GM and ask them if they could honor one of them. I'm not holding my breath. timing is everything.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got the Canadian one for $1000 CDN. The fine print states it is for any GM vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also got the $1000 coupon in the mail on Friday. And like Bill in PA, I took delivery of my acadia on 4/10. I called
the number listed on it and was told it could not be used. The lady I talked to was very nice and sympathetic but
could not help me. I have always had GM vehicles and they have sent these to me almost every year. In fact, I
used one when I bought the 02 Olds Bravada which I traded in on the Acadia. So I guess it was my fault for
not thinking ahead and waiting to see if they sent one this year. But I got so excited over the Acadia when I saw
it, all I could think about was what color? what options? and when can I make up my mind and order?

·
Registered
185 Posts
SherryD said:
I also got the $1000 coupon in the mail on Friday. And like Bill in PA, I took delivery of my acadia on 4/10. I called
the number listed on it and was told it could not be used. The lady I talked to was very nice and sympathetic but
could not help me. I have always had GM vehicles and they have sent these to me almost every year. In fact, I
used one when I bought the 02 Olds Bravada which I traded in on the Acadia. So I guess it was my fault for
not thinking ahead and waiting to see if they sent one this year. But I got so excited over the Acadia when I saw
it, all I could think about was what color? what options? and when can I make up my mind and order?
Are these coupons personalized? Any chance of sharing? ;D

·
Registered
119 Posts
On the Canadian one, the name and address of the ONLY person that can use it are printed on the card. :banghead:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pete7919 said:
SherryD said:
Are these coupons personalized? Any chance of sharing? ;D
Yes, the coupons are personalized and can only be used by the person on the mailing. My wife couldn't even buy a car with the coupon. I'm licking my chops... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Read the fine print please.......

It will say that the dealer may use thisbut follow restrictions as on deal R15-G6(made that up). This tells them if they are allowed to combine it with bonus cash, conquest, GMSP,GMFFP, etc.

I lost outon an additional $500 b/c you couldn't use my card with Presidents day cash. Prez day cash was $1000. So it was either $1500 or $2000butI would have liked $2500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had only new GMs and have not got 1 of these . I hope they send me 1 . I filled out the online form for info. on the Acadia hoping that is what triggered it .

·
Registered
542 Posts
Are those of you getting the loyalty coupons GMC owners or owners of other GM products. I have a Pontiac but have not seen any coupons

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NY_Joe said:
Read the fine print please.......

It will say that the dealer may use thisbut follow restrictions as on deal R15-G6(made that up). This tells them if they are allowed to combine it with bonus cash, conquest, GMSP,GMFFP, etc.

I lost outon an additional $500 b/c you couldn't use my card with Presidents day cash. Prez day cash was $1000. So it was either $1500 or $2000butI would have liked $2500.
I've read the fine print several times and saw nothing of the sort. It indicated that I would get all available incentives on the car (if available). It says nothng about GM Credit Card earnings either.

BTW, my father-in-law received one in the mail on Friday...it was strictly Chevy as he owns a Trailbazer and a Malibu. I think it was $1000 off a Trailblazer and $1500 off a couple Chevy trucks and Suburban. My father-in-law's coupon also expires on 6/18/07.

And to answer the other person's question about how I received it. I currently own a Pontiac and an Oldsmobile. What I did was go to GMC's website and ask for a hard copy of literature about the Acadia. I'm going to guess about 4-6 weeks after that, I received the $1000 coupon in the mail. I do believe we are going to jump on this deal. I'm just waiting to see if they have any sales on the Acadia during Memorial Day...but playing the waiting game is killing me...especially since the compressor broke on my Grand Prix last year...so I have no A/C in the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I own an '03 Suburban and I sent away for Acadia info back in January, but I have not yet received such an offer

·
Registered
6 Posts
My neighbor gave me his certificate for $1000 towards any Acadia or Outlook since he's not buying. Can they be used by someone else? I see it reads in the fine print that it can be transferred only to individuals residing in the same household. It kills me to toss the offer and know that I can't use it. Any way around it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts