GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched :banghead: but got a few ?s :help:
and I amon way too many forums and I know that repost do get old so dont flame me for it tho.... :thumb:

OK my mom wants an Acadia... one loaded... I think she is looking at an 07 or 08....

1. So is one better vs the other as far as "upgrades" pros/cons?
2. AWD/FWD. Mostly Florida Highway miles... just preference or any benefits? most ever pulled is jet skis...(I got a 1500 Z71 Chevy)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know much about the option differences between 07 and 08.

My experience has been that FWD gets significantly better fuel economy than AWD. The discrepancy between published and observed economy is bigger for AWD. I'm guessing that this is due to the sensitivity of AWD to wheel alignment and maybe transmission drag.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think that price will be the major difference

I believe (somebody [I know you will]correct me if I am wrong) that the rear view back up camera in the '08 (which would be very helpful to some people) is the only major difference.

I think AWD is more important to people driving in snow, so given gas milage and location would go with the FWD.

·
Registered
217 Posts
New for 2008 per http://media.gm.com/us/gmc/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_acadia/index.html

GMC adds a Panic Brake Assist feature to the 2008 Acadia. When panic braking is detected, the system automatically develops additional brake pressure to more quickly engage ABS, potentially reducing overall stopping distance by eliminating the delay caused by not braking hard enough and/or soon enough.

Also, Acadia AWD models feature an Intelligent AWD system that delivers enhanced driving dynamics and a more refined driving experience. Intelligent AWD takes full-time AWD performance to the next level by incorporating dynamic yaw control and fully integrating with the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system. A target vehicle yaw rate is established based on driver inputs and driving conditions. Intelligent AWD manages the torque distribution to maintain the vehicle’s target yaw rate and optimize yaw stability. As in the previous AWD system, the front-to-rear torque distribution is also managed to optimize the vehicle’s traction capability. In addition to reducing understeer and improving cornering capability, Intelligent AWD provides significant performance improvements on snow and gravel. For the driver, this means optimized vehicle dynamics and control.

Additional changes to the Acadia for '08 are designed to provide even more Professional Grade capabilities. They include:

* A second-row console on seven-passenger SLT models
* XM Satellite Radio is standard on all models
* Refined traction control system that provides more refined performance and smoother control
* Three new exterior colors are offered: Dark Crimson, Carbon Flash Metallic and Platinum Ice. (Platinum Ice will be available later in the model year.)

Also new for 2008 is a rear back-up camera that is available with the navigation system. Integrated with Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist, it provides a visual reference of objects directly behind the vehicle and an audible warning of the objects’ proximity. Displayed on the navigation system display screen, icons and audible chimes provide an easy-to-understand reference to items behind the vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK... well a body shop that is a sub for the dealer put pin stripes on it before she got it. and they are coming up... so mom goes back down to the dealer about 2.5 hr drive one way....... and the dumba#$ cut the stripes on the car....and cuting into the clear coat and the paint.. so she has been on the phone and they will fix the problem.... i am thinkin tho who takes a knife to a $40,000 car? needless to say mom was :angryfire: she didnt see this til she got back home and the stripes are coming up again!!! :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts