GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealership in the Chicagoland area gave me the following quote.
I am supposed to get GM Supplier Discount (not employee disc.).
I was looking for opinions on whether this is a good deal.

2008 Acadia SLT1-4SA AWD
7 Pass 2,2,3
C3U Dual SkyScape Sunroof
98U White Diamond Tricoat
PDD Convenience Package
E61 Power Liftgate
XA7 Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

Invoice (according to Edmunds.com) +dealer advertising fee
Base: $33,941
Sunroof: $ 1,079
White Diamond Paint: $ 660
Convenience Pkg: $ 361
Pwr Liftgate: $ 291
Heated Washer Nzl.: $ 71
Destination: $ 735
TOTAL $37,138
Advertising fee
(approx. 1.5% of
base MSRP): $ 540
Doc Fee: $ 150
Optional ERT: $ 25
Grand Total $37,853

GM Supplier Price (according to gmbuypower.com)
Total W/destination $37,727
Advertising fee: $ 0
Grand Total $37,902

Dealership Quote
Total w/destination: $37,744
Advertising fee: $ 0
Grand Total $37,919

I did not include taxes, title, license. ERT is electronic registration and titling fee (max $25) allowable in Illinois. I am also entitled to the $500 Cash Allowance AND $1000 Purchase Cash for owning a 1999 or newer non-GM car.

What do you think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
What Dealership was this with?

I just got down shopping about every chicagoland dealership 4 weeks ago. Just curious on who you went with.

I cant really comment on those numbers since I went with the FWD SLT2 package with different options.

From what it sounds like you are right at invoice (I am not sure how the GM supplier works), which you should be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it.

This was from Village Pontiac GMC, Naperville. Good people there from my experience. Other dealerships had lots of trouble trying to find and secure a White Diamond Acadia. And when they did find one, the other dealerships wouldn't trade it. I actually went to Cars.com and found the vehicle myself since the other dealerships (not Village) couldn't find or get the one I wanted.

It is interesting to note that with the GM Supplier Discount, there were no additional advertising fees that I could see and I was entitled to the full $1500 rebate.

One thing that was a little strange though was the way they wrote up the buyers order. They added $540 to the vehicle price, then calculated the tax, then took off the $540 at the end with the other rebates. I wonder if that is standard with the GM Supplier Discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts