GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer and had the TSB's/recall's taken care of. More on that in a minute. While I was there I mentioned the seat problem I and other here are experiencing. Looks like O will be getting a new seat track complete with new motor. Hopefully this will fix the problem. If not at least we agree that in is not right and is covered under warranty. So I feel good about that.

They re flashed the transmission and I REALLY notice the difference. Way better shifting now with no drop off in RPM's on acceleration. So that is a positive. The part necessary to fix the air gap issue should be in and when the seat track arrives I will take it back one last time and should be on track for no more trips in to the service department except for oil and filter every 3000 miles.

Also I would note that I purchased new MOLDED mud flaps, and it seems I was smart to ask them to install them. They mentioned that they had to order special screws to put these on as the ones that came with were not the proper ones for the job. I can just see myself getting frustrated trying to do the job with the wrong screws so I am glad I had them be frustrated 8)

Dan

·
Registered
218 Posts
So did they say or see what is actually causing the rocking of the seat, I think mine is getting worse. Looks like it's time to take it in. What service Mgr do you see?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been dealing with Tammie. She is very nice, and my three year old is in love with her ::)

Anyway What they did was try and reprogram the computer, but that didn't make any difference. I doubt that they even removed the seat. But they may have. Tammie said that a new set of tracks also comes with a new motor and that should fix it.

I also notice that it feels way more obvious as I use it. I imagine that the passenger seat will have trouble in the future, but since I don't have a regular passenger using that seat it gets little use also. I also suspect that the easy exit system that move the seat back and back in place may exacerbate the problem, and the passenger seat does not have this function, so that does not speed up the failure like it does on the drivers side.

When they pull out the old track system I will ask if they noticed the cause, but I suspect that they are more interested in the fix and will just say it was the track and or motor, and be happy that I am happy.

Dan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

I took in the Acadia and they replaced the drivers side seat track and motor. It is about 99.6% fixed. The movement is almost completely gone now. There is however the slightest bit of the remaining movement in the same area in the track. I suspect that after time it will become more noticeable. For now I will just live with it as I have had my car in the shop three times just for this problem alone. With three years to go on the warranty I am sure if it get worse in a year or two they should have it worked out.

I would like to here from anyone else here that has had their seat track replaced and compare notes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I finally got my seat fixed and it is working great now, no more motion sickness from the rocking it was doing. LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
So what seats are you all having problems with? On Sunday one of my friends complained about the seat moving/rolling slightly- it was the second row behind the driver. Obviously there is no motor there though.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Well I finally got my seat fixed and it is working great now, no more motion sickness from the rocking it was doing. LOL
What did they do to fix it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts