GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Good info on temp sensors on GMCs

I believe the subject should reflect the temperature question in your text.

The temperature note (two down from the Acadia PVC reference) seems to match people's inputs on temperature error.

According to bulletin PIC3608D, some owners of the following vehicles may comment that the outside temperature display reading is inaccurate at times.

2004-08 Malibu/Maxx

2005-06 Pursuit (Canada)

2005-08 Cobalt

2006-08 HHR, Solstice

2007-08 Aura, G5, G6, Sky

The outside air temperature algorithm uses outside air temperature, vehicle speed and time the engine was turned off.

If the engine was off long enough or the current outside air temperature is lower than the stored value from the previous ignition cycle, a new outside temperature reading is taken and displayed. The outside air temperature continues to update every second as long as the outside air temperature is the same as or lower than the previous reading.

If the engine was not off long enough or the current outside air temperature is higher than the stored value, the last stored value will be displayed. Vehicle speed has to exceed 18 mph (29 km/h) for up to 5 minutes in order for the displayed outside air temperature to be updated. If the speed drops below 18 mph (29 km/h), the outside air temperature will display its last value.

- Thanks to Joe Kayfish

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, for the intrusion, but I have been searching for an old friend of mine to see how he is. I searched for his name Joe Kayfish and this thread came up. Do you know this Joe Kayfish, he grew up in Joliet Ill. and went to Plainfield Schools in the 1980s. He graduated from the local Junior College and then was hired by GM. I haven't seen or heard from him since. Again, I am so sorry for the intrusion. If this is not the correct person, i am looking for, I am sorry for barging in.

Scott.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The callout to "Joe Kayfish" was directly from the link posted above "GM Techlink" from November 2007. It is doubtful that anyone here would have any other information, but maybe you could contact whomever is in charge of that website? Also, if he works for GM maybe try [email protected] or some deviation of that.

Just so I could be a little helpful, here is the list under "Contact us" on that webpage:

Publisher:
R. M. (Bob) Savo
GM Service and Parts Operations
[email protected]

Editor:
Lisa G. Scott
GM Service and Parts Operations
[email protected]

Technical Editor:
Jim Horner
[email protected]
1-248-816-3641

Production Manager :
Marie Meredith

Webmaster:
Adam Monblatt
[email protected]

FAX number :
1-248-649-5465

Write to :
TechLink
PO Box 500
Troy, MI 48007-0500

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Pete7919, I finally figured that one out, it takes a while for the caffeine to take effect. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts