GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had enough of the water leaks today as another one came back! :angryfire: As soon as I saw it I headed down to the GMC dealership that had worked on my Outlook for the last couple of weeks and traded it in on an Acadia. :thumb:

2009 SLT2
Quicksilver with Titanium Leather
7 seater
DVD, Towing, and even with the dual sunroof (heavy rain all day today and no leaks!!!!!)
19" wheels with the touring package

Basically everything but the NAV screen and 2 way remote. The dealer is taking the sunroof shield off the Outlook and putting it on the Acadia on Tuesday!

Pictures soon!
So now I can officially be a part of this very informative site as an Acadia owner! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Good by Outlook - Hello Acadia

How bad did they soak (sorry) you on the deal? Glad to hear you got one that should be a better experience for you.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

I hope that everything works out for you and the new Acadia. I think you are the first crossover Lambda owner I've seen; of course you were always welcome with the Outlook.

Bold move getting the dual roofs even on the 09

·
Super Moderator
22,429 Posts

khansen, you might have been able to get a better price from the guy in your area who buries cars as art! :welcome:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

jsimms said:
I hope that everything works out for you and the new Acadia. I think you are the first crossover Lambda owner I've seen; of course you were always welcome with the Outlook.

Bold move getting the dual roofs even on the 09
With the heavy rains we had yesterday the salesman and I sat in the Acadia looking at the sunroof. No water dripping in at all (the Outlook had water pouring in yesterday, something thad had not happened before). I think they got them fixed on the 09's.

Thanks to everyone on this site, I already knew what I was getting with the Acadia. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

I haven't had any leaks; when yours leaked did it leak immediately? I am guessing it did since you say in another Acadia and it didn't leak

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

jsimms said:
I haven't had any leaks; when yours leaked did it leak immediately? I am guessing it did since you say in another Acadia and it didn't leak
In the Outlook yes it leaked as it started raining.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! Congrats!

·
Registered
533 Posts

Preytor,

Welcome, and congrats on your 09 Acadia. How long did you have your Outlook? After you've had your Acadia for a few weeks, you'll have to write & tell us how they compare - less the interior waterfall feature.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Guys-
khansen has been a member here since January 2008, but I'm sure he feels even more welcome now that he is "official".

Reminds me of the old joke where someone is accused of not liking a particular (fill in the blank):
Some of my best friends own an (Enclave, Outlook, Traverse) :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

khansen dumps his Outlook for an Acadia? :eek: This surely means the end for Saturn.

I feel sorry for the poor ba$tard that the dealer sells the leaker to. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

loach said:
khansen dumps his Outlook for an Acadia? :eek: This surely means the end for Saturn.

I feel sorry for the poor ba$tard that the dealer sells the leaker to. :eek:hno:
All the support I gave Saturn in past posts - - I take it back, all of it. :banghead:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

The situation with the leaks is certainly disturbing. You would think sunroofs have been fairly standard for so long, they couldn't have possibly gotten this design wrong. I have the option in my 08 and have had no issues but I can imagine what a miserable scenario a leaker is. Good luck with the new one.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

khansen30 said:
All the support I gave Saturn in past posts - - I take it back, all of it. :banghead:
Ken, it's important to remember that the 1st three Lambdas had leak issues and power steering issues and little things that went wrong not just Saturn. Probably #'s wise there has been more Enclave's and Acadia's that have leaked than Outlooks. It kind of sounds like the dealer screwed you when they put your back together and crimped the hoses. Dont forget mine leaked so much that they replaced it and I still feel that Saturn is good (it is the same thing as the GMC or the Buick, it's just when it came down the line and who put it together that makes it different). To me it would have made no difference if I would have had a Acadia or a Enclave that would have been replaced just as long as I got a good vehicle in return, which I feel that I have.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

6Sixathome said:
Ken, it's important to remember that the 1st three Lambdas had leak issues and power steering issues and little things that went wrong not just Saturn. Probably #'s wise there has been more Enclave's and Acadia's that have leaked than Outlooks. It kind of sounds like the dealer screwed you when they put your back together and crimped the hoses. Dont forget mine leaked so much that they replaced it and I still feel that Saturn is good (it is the same thing as the GMC or the Buick, it's just when it came down the line and who put it together that makes it different). To me it would have made no difference if I would have had a Acadia or a Enclave that would have been replaced just as long as I got a good vehicle in return, which I feel that I have.
My problems stem with the dealer and not the Outlook. I really wish I could have kept mine and not have all the problems. I know that Saturn is a part of GM and that GM is making the choice to dump them. But there was/is a group that were in charge of Saturn and made the decisions on advertising, customer support, warranty, etc.. that dropped the ball. That is where my problem lies, not with the Outlook.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

10-4 :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts

Don't be fooled. I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook that I bought in May 2008 and I am just having leaks now 1 year later. I never had leaks before - EVER until this month. So I think the leaking problem is a problem that builds up over time. Don't count yourself out yet. You are daring to buy another known leaker. If I can't fix my hunk of crap, I am going back to NISSAN, which by the way is far superior to any American model. My husband convinced me to give American a shot and I did. As you can see, it didn't go so well. :eek:

My Story:

Purchased my car Memorial Day weekend 2008:

May 18, 2009:
I live in Florida it has been raining for days here. We need the rain but because of all this rain...my 2008 Saturn Outlook is now leaking. It all started with me hearing a swishing noise like there was a bucket of water in the car and every time I turned a corner I could hear it swish to one side. Then yesterday I noticed that the driver’s side floor under the emergency brake was wet and dripping with water. Then I heard the swoosh and looked in the back and there was water dripping from the light fixtures over the third row of seats and the third row of seats was covered in water. I touched the sunroofs to see if they were wet and the area around them was dry. Then moments later my parking assist indicator light and message starting going off at random while I was driving as was my emergency brake light indicator. I called my husband and he called Saturn to make an appointment for me today.

May 19, 2009:
As I got in the truck this morning to head to Saturn for my appt. I notice the water on the driver’s side floor near the emergency brake was still dripping. The light fixture in the back didn't seem to be leaking at this time. However, as I pulled out of my driveway water gushed from the headliner on the passenger side all over the dashboard and the glove box and then I noticed water dripping from the driver’s side airbag opening on the column next to the windshield. And again my parking assist indicator starting going off at random and my emergency brake like as well. I left my car at Saturn of Brandon this morning and the service advisor check and told me that there are no known recalls for my truck year/model. She said sometimes the drains around the sunroof get clogged and need to be cleaned out to fix the problem. She was not sure if she could give me my truck back today. I have a loaner. After reading all the posts on this forum, I am not optimistic that they can fix my problem for good. I hope my outcome is better and less stressful than some that I have read here. I really do not want to have to go to the dealer over and over again to have the same problem repaired only for it to happen again. If the car leaks, it's probably junk...no?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

loridaly said:
May 19, 2009:
As I got in the truck this morning to head to Saturn for my appt. I notice the water on the driver’s side floor near the emergency brake was still dripping. The light fixture in the back didn't seem to be leaking at this time. However, as I pulled out of my driveway water gushed from the headliner on the passenger side all over the dashboard and the glove box and then I noticed water dripping from the driver’s side airbag opening on the column next to the windshield. And again my parking assist indicator starting going off at random and my emergency brake like as well. I left my car at Saturn of Brandon this morning and the service advisor check and told me that there are no known recalls for my truck year/model. She said sometimes the drains around the sunroof get clogged and need to be cleaned out to fix the problem. She was not sure if she could give me my truck back today. I have a loaner. After reading all the posts on this forum, I am not optimistic that they can fix my problem for good. I hope my outcome is better and less stressful than some that I have read here. I really do not want to have to go to the dealer over and over again to have the same problem repaired only for it to happen again. If the car leaks, it's probably junk...no?

Below is a link to a post I made last year ( I also posted about this on the Enclave, Outlook, and Saturn Fans sites). Twice the hoses were clogged from stuff when I parked the Outlook with the sunroof open, I don't do this anymore. So it does happen and if yours is not in the recall range then that is probably your problem. I have only read of one 09 having a leak and that poster never came back and confirmed anything so I don't know that it was even real. These have been out now since last year, so we are pushing that year mark as you are with no reported problems. What you are describing by hearing the swishing sounds indicates to me it is a clogging because the water is sitting in the pans, overflowing and coming into the headliner everytime you make a turn. Many of the leaks with the hoses occured with water not even making it into the pans and leaking down the A pillars and seatbelt housing. When the hoses are not connected the water didn't stay in the pans, it just ran down into the vehicle. Drains plugged explains why the pans are still full.

I know I said the same thing twice, just trying to give a couple of different visuals for you. I have been through 3 or 4 major rain falls in the month I have had mine and not one problem. The system we have in our Acadias, Outlooks, Enclaves and Traverses is the same that is in the Saturn Aura, Chevy Malibu, Tahoes, Yucons, etc... and no problems with them. They have created a fix for the 07 and 08 Lambdas and if done right you will not have anymore problems.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I notice that your only posts on any of the Lambdas sites were here. You will find alot of info about your Outlook here but I also suggest that you look at saturnfans.com and the saturnoutlookforum.net as you will find out more info about the uniqueness of the Outlook. Don't give up yet because it sounds like your problem can be fixed and should be. Is this the only problem you have had? If so then I think you have had a reliable vehicle. I would also be careful about coming in and in your first posts blasting these vehicles. Many here will lash back at you because of your negativism. These are great vehicles which is why I got a second one with out even having to think about it.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2910.msg40179#msg40179

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

loridaly said:
Don't be fooled. I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook that I bought in May 2008 and I am just having leaks now 1 year later. I never had leaks before - EVER until this month. So I think the leaking problem is a problem that builds up over time. Don't count yourself out yet. You are daring to buy another known leaker[/color] If I can't fix my hunk of crap, I am going back to NISSAN, which by the way is far superior to any American model.
Welcome to the forum. If nothing else, I think you'll find the members here are a lot nicer and more informative than some Nissan forums... like the one where my 280Z was called a "traitor" since it has a Chevy motor in it. :)

I have to take issue with the above statement as the member traded a 2008 for a 2009 model. There have been no reports of leaks with this model year in our poll section for water leaks. It is too early to know if in fact the 2009 models will leak since a similar amount of time as you referenced has not passed. The data we have so far tends to show this was an issue fixed during the 2008 model run.

It's too bad your experience was like it was with the Saturn. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Nissan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts