GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post pics of a Gold Mist with titanium interior. I've looked at all the local dealers and hunted the web to try to see what that combination looks like.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not surprising. I don't think that would be a very appealing combination.

FWIW, you can't get that combination on the Outlook (only black or tan interior with the Gold Mist). Not sure about the Enclave.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that it doesn't sound like a very appealing combination. I like light gold or beige as a color but I don't care for the look of the solid ebony interior in the Acadia. The titanium interior with the two-tone dash has a very classy and upscaled look IMO. I wanted to get a look at the Gold/titanium combo in hopes that I might be surprised and find that it looks better than what I'm imagining. I wonder why GMC doesn't offer a taupe or sand colored interior scheme. It would work well with most of the current exterior colors. Maybe I should just hang on another year.

·
Registered
284 Posts
They do exist, as I've seen them on GMBuypower, just never in person yet--still only Goldmist/Ebony combos.

So back to that other comment, I too think a taupe interior of some kind would be a great addition, but also that would then bring it up to 4, and really the Acadia is going for a very modern, "techie" feel and look, where they've tried to stay away from earthy beiges and tans (well, aside from the actual Goldmist color, which really isn't a hugely popular shade) as much as possible. Still expected to see something for '08, though, but didn't.

·
Registered
405 Posts
sombody on here ordered a goldmist tit combo.

think it was tschmut but i am not sure. Hopfully when his comes in he will post pictures.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stopped by a local dealership today and looked at a new Enclave that was Gold Mist with a Cashmier (spelling?) color. The Cashmier is basically a cross between beige and Tan. It looked very nice against the Gold exterior. I'll bet that combo will be in the Acadia mid 08 or 09. It's a far better combo than Gold w/titanium. Well actually, I haven't seen the Gold/Tit combo but it doesn't sound like a good match. Next to the Enclave was a Deep Blue Acadia with Ebony leather. I had to look at the Enclave exterior then the Acadia interior and try to imagine the Ebony interior with the Gold Mist exterior as the only practical choice for the Acadia if you want a Gold or Beige exterior.

Side note - It is kind of fun to browse through the dealer lots on Sunday when they are closed. I was surprised at how many people do that.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
sombody on here ordered a goldmist tit combo.
Are we still talking cars here? My salesman never offered this, but for the right price I may have went with this option. :blob: :blob:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am the same tschmut mentioned in the earlier post and we did order the Gold Mist with the Titanium interior. Not sure when we're going to finally receive it but we did place the order. I did a lot of research before ordering as we were also skeptical about the combo but wanted something a little out of the ordinary. In one of the posts one of the GMC fellows pointed out that everything above the bottom of the windows is Titanium no matter what interior color or exterior color you have. regarding the Outlook the main reason that you can't put their gray with the Gold Mist is because they're gray leather is a dark gray. I agree that a dark shade of gray would not go with the Gold Mist. But when you look at a Gold Mist with Ebony leather the upper half is Titanium and it goes fine. After all, it is considered very stylish to match alloys in Jewelry. In the articles and review section of this forum there was a news program where they were doing a hands on review of the Acadia. The vehicle they had was a Gold Mist with Titanium leather interior and the fellow could not stop talking about the good looks of the vehicle as well as it's many other attributes. Although we were not able to view an Acadia with this combination in person, we did scan lots for other vehicles matched up similarly and did find various makes with this combination. After all of this deliberation we felt comfortable with our choice and placed the order and now are waiting and waiting and waiting to meet with the end result. If that day actually does happen we will definitely and joyfully post pictures.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that post tschmut. I have been pondering about the Gold Mist/Titanium combo but find myself on the fence. I love the Titanium interior in general. I think it's the dual tone dash that sets it off and makes it very classy looking. I'm curious about the Gold combo. My alternate choices so far are Tri-Coat White/Titanium or Gold/Ebony. I have a feeling I'll end up ordering before you get yours but I sure would like to see pics of your car. Your rite about the Titanium being above the windows in all colors and it does work well in everything I've seen so far. Also, all dashboards are black on the top half and all carpets are black. Maybe I'm worrying too much about nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts