GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love both of these colors. For those of you that have either color, are you happy with it? Any regrets?

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Deanne... you have great taste. I had the a hard time deciding between the two colors and really might have liked the brown a bit better then the gold. But I used to have a gold Sequoia and loved the way the color never looked dirty. I will take possession of my car tomorrow and I think I will be happy with my choice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The medium brown seems to be much harder to find. I wonder if they are not making as many of them as they are the gold mist? I have only seen one in person.

I bet you'll love yours! Congrats!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The brown is hard to find. The gold isn't real easy either for that matter. They are too of the least popular colors. Oddly enough though ,the Enclave is featured in the brown on the Buick website. I guess we have upscale tastes huh?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I also am quite happy with our choice of gold mist. Seems to be light enough that it does not get real hot in the sun, like many darker colors and always looks pretty clean, as mentioned above. I posted photos under the gold mist thread in the photos section that give a pretty accurate feel for the color

·
Registered
29 Posts
The brown is handsome, but we chose the gold mist for two reasons: 1] the lighter the color, the cleaner the car stays. Important to the designated car cleaner, & 2] I recognize the gold mist as a color that will be in the line for many model years. If the brown is phased out, the car is dated. I guess there are really three reasons for the gold mist: we also love the color!

·
Registered
123 Posts
medium brown.... the gold mist already looks faded.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been debating between those two choices as well. Was leaning towards the gold mist based on pictures. Once I saw it for real in bright sunlight, I changed my preference. The gold mist is too light for me. It would be perfect if it was just a shade darker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We chose the Medium Brown, and absolutely love it. (two months in) I have not seen another brown on the road in our area - it's nice having a color that not everyone has. Notice my Toyota Tacoma in one of the attached pictures -- it's silver. I'm so tired of seeing every other Tacoma on the road being silver!!

Trust me, when the brown is washed, I don't think I have ever seen another car shine as well as this one does!!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sss_tacoma said:
We chose the Medium Brown, and absolutely love it. (two months in) I have not seen another brown on the road in our area - it's nice having a color that not everyone has. Notice my Toyota Tacoma in one of the attached pictures -- it's silver. I'm so tired of seeing every other Tacoma on the road being silver!!

Trust me, when the brown is washed, I don't think I have ever seen another car shine as well as this one does!!

I finally did choose the medium brown last night, for the reason you stated. I want something unique (but not dated).

I bought my current SUV in a new color a few years ago and every third model I see is that same color now. I don't want to have what everyone else has. So, I am very excited about this color.

I'll update when I see it in person. (It's a dealer trade.)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
After seeing the Med. Brown in person, my wife and I were really impressed. Pictures really don't do it any justice. It really is a pretty neat color, especially in the sunlight, but 5 1/2 years after we got our Odyssey in silver, it still looks like new. You really don't see any rock chips or scratches unless you look real closely, so that's why we went with silver for the Acadia. Medium Brown was our 2nd choice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
is it metallic? I need metal flakes in my paint so they can POP!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have only seen a few other Acadias in town. Boy, was I surprised to see another Medium Brown at my church yesterday. I never figured out who it was. Maybe a visitor? It is a small church and many people have seen my Acadia, and no one has said "hey, John and Jane have the exact same one!".....yet anyway.

I saw a gold mist on Saturday. It looked great, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a brown one and you are right I do not see any brown one on the street. Really dont see hardly an Acadia on the street

·
Registered
542 Posts
I got liquid silver but I did see a gold mist on the lot and thought it looked sharp. The brown looks too blah in my opinion

·
Registered
425 Posts
I test drove a medium brown with brick interior. It was a really sharp looking car. However, I consider the Acadia more truck-like since it's made by GMC. I therefore wanted something a bit more sporty or masculine...and opted for the silver.

I am not a fan of gold cars, so I would have never considered that color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just curious how all happy you all "brownies" are with your color choice. It was my favorite color, but I went with gold as gold always looks clean and the having had a brown car in the past I knew that it looked fantastic when it was clean, but lasted for a day before just looking dirty again. Also I thought the brick interior ,which I definitely wanted ,looked best with the gold.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOVE it!!!!!! There are now two other browns where I live. I get compliments every day about the vehicle and especially the color.

The gold is the only other color I would have considered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Brown wasn't my number one choice, I preferred the silver. But my wife liked it better as we already have a silver car. It seems to be one of the first thing people compliment on the Acadia. "What a Pretty color". I don't know about pretty but I have grow to love it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We chose the Medium Brown with the rust interior and we love it--absolutely no regrets!!! We have owned a Mercedes and a BMW, and we have received many, many more compliments on the Acadia than we ever received on the others! :blob:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts