GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only problem is that is said Acadia or Similar. What is similar to an acadia. ???
I did not know you could rent such a new vehicle that is preety neat. I was online searching and it said gmc acadia so i grabbed it, thought why not drive somthing i know and love.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I'll bet that they try to give you 'something similar'. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
TMMAR said:
I'll bet that they try to give you 'something similar'. Let us know what happens.
:ditto: I agree - enjoy your Kia Sedona!

In all seriousness, I bet the rental car company thinks anything with seating for 7 is "similar" enough. But have heard of a few folks who were able to rent an Acadia. Maybe we should start a pool on what they actually try to give him.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
My son is a branch manager for Enterprise. I will ask him what the availability is of an Acadia (he is in the Syracuse, NY area) and what the 'similar' vehicle would be.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I used to travel a lot I would rent cars that I was interested in buying whenever possible. Great way to take a real extended test drive. I ended up buying a 1997 Toyota Camry using that approach after renting a 96' on several trips. That was a great car until I traded it 7 years later. It would be great to test drive an Acadia for about a week.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In my experience, I almost never get what I reserve. I rent a car probably 2-3 times a month for work and always reserve a midsize and "Fast Lane" or similar service. I don't think I've ever actually gotten a midsize- I usually get a minivan, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Jeep, etc. The stupidest thing was in Manchester, NH last summer- I was on vacation with my kids and reserved a midsize. When I went to pick it up, the counter person tried to sell me all sorts of upgrades- you can have an SUV for only $100 more, or a convertible for $150 more, etc. I said no, the midsize is fine. When we got out to the garage to pick it up- they said "Just take any vehicle you want, the keys are in the ignition". So, I still got the SUV for the price of the midsize. Good thing I decided not to "upgrade"!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jseck2 said:
I usually get a minivan,

I need to seat 5 people comfortably for a 2 hour trip from midway and two of them are little so if i rented a sedan i would be murdured. so i had 2 choices a acadia or a minivan (easy choice huh) but actuly the acadia whas $35.00 cheaper than a Chevrolet Uplander. Plus it said Crossover Suv. so i wonder if this is a new class to the rental agencys and they have to give me a crossover of
some type.

I leave on the 9th and get in at noon so when i get to the hotel i will let every one know if i get one or not.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I was at a swim meet last night and sitting across the parking lot was a diamond tri coat. I have never seen one in person so I drove over to enjoy the color and peek inside. When I got there I was realized it had the Enterprise E on it. I couldn't believe it! Why would they pay for the upgraded paint? The color was very pretty and I enjoyed seeing my first diamond.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Spoke to my son who is a branch manager for Enterprise and he said that his location (Syracuse area) didn't have any Acadia's. He also said that currently the 'similar' vehicle would be a mini-van because of the seating capacity which is very similar in both.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good luck...we took a trip and I asked for a convertible, Mustang GT. I specified, "it's a GT, correct?" "Yes", she said. I get there, no Mustangs on the lot (and learned later, there were no GT's, although Hertz now has the Hertz suped-up Mustang). We ended up with a Saab convertible, it was pretty good.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TMMAR said:
Spoke to my son who is a branch manager for Enterprise and he said that his location (Syracuse area) didn't have any Acadia's. He also said that currently the 'similar' vehicle would be a mini-van because of the seating capacity which is very similar in both.
I rented with Alamo because they were the cheapest. So i am not sure if that would make a difference

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotta update on this. Right now it looks like we wont be going. :eek:hno:

My father has been admitted to the hospital and might not be well enough by saturday to fly so were thinking of canceling our tickets and later this year driving out in the acadia insted. But we wont no for sure until tommarrow. I really wanted to know if i got an acadia or not. O well it might change and he is fine and still able to go, but this trip is for his birthday party with all of our friends in illinois so if he does not go were all gonna stay here in Va and have a party.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We'll keep him in our prayers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I reserved a convertible for a stay in Florida. The web site said Chrysler Sebring or similar. I ended up with a white PT Cruiser ragtop. Isn't that "bait and switch"? I was going to a reunion of Naval Aviators so I had to hide the d**m thing or be abused unmercifully. :banghead:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mckcab said:
We'll keep him in our prayers.

thanks. he got out tonight and we will be leaving about 830 a.m. on saturday so i can let you know when we get to the hotel.

I talked to Alamo today and they said it would seat at least people. It will not be a minivan because that would be 100 dollars more that they would have to eat becasue i am not paying for it if they don't have what i rented. I think we are going to O'hare which is a huge airport with an airport rental termanal. Do you think the size of the airport means they get more of one vehicle.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
rollin thunder,
Happy to hear that your father is out of the hospital. I guess he's doing better. I believe that since there is a lot of rental traffic at airports that they usually have a greater number of vehicles and more than 1 of each vehicle. They don't want to lose a rental because they don't have what someone wants and they don't really like to upgrade a rental because they would lose money giving you an upgraded vehicle for a lower price when someone else may come in and rent that vehicle for the full rental. (Hope that this makes sense.) Have a good trip!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
My dealership has 10 Enclaves sitting on their lot reserved for Hertz. So obviously these new vehicles are making it into the rental car pool.

Have a good trip!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright i leave in one hour. When we land and i can get to a computer someware because my laptop is broken :banghead: it might be a hotel computer which will take a while to get. about and hour and a half from the airport to the hotel so i hope we get an acadia or somthing else comfy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.