GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell in love with the Acadia when I saw it, and have test driven it several times and have been very impressed, we even had a signed contract for one at a point in time (thats another story), but I was driving my MDX the other day and had to make a quicky manuver, which reminded me how responsive the MDX can be. For those of you that have traded in your X, and I think I have seen a few mention they have, how do you like the handeling compared? Since the Acadia is heavier, I don't expect her to be as nibmle, and I am wondering if its something I am going to miss.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think the Acadia handles extremely well for a vehicle this size, very smooth and precise, it has a wider and longer wheelbase than the MDX. What is missing is that road feel, I was more aware of the road in the MDX (2003), but hauling a family is more important to me right now than having that sports car feel. The MDX does have more get up and go, I attribute the lack of this in the Acadia to the 6 speed transmission and the gearing it has to maximize fuel economy, I have had to learn to really mash the gas pedel when I want to pass or change lanes (or going up hill which I have a lot of here in NE PA), it is still very acceptable and I do find myself going much faster in the Acadia at highway speeds than I did in the MDX, I attribute this to the smooth ride :thumb:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I moved from a 2002 MDX to an Acadia SLT-1. The Acadia doesn't have quite the acceleration of the MDX. That said, I quite like the Acadia and don't miss the MDX like I thought I might. The Acadia is a nice ride, and is quite responsive in its handling. It does not "feel" as big as it actually is.

Kelly

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I had been starting to second guess my decision on the Acadia, and was starting to think about looking at the 07 MDX. My X has been a great vechicle and will be sorry to see her go, but its a lease and we are looking to buy something that will keep up with us as the kids get older, and I don't think the X will, hence the reason I started looking at the Acadia to begin with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You should probably at least look at the 2007 MDX, and possibly also the top-of-the-line CX-9 Grand Touring as well (the lesser trims aren't nice enough inside).

The GM crossovers do feel significantly larger, because they are. This is most evident in tight corners. Also, the new MDX has SH-AWD so you can induce some oversteer in turns--quite fun. Spring for the Sport Package, and its advantage is even greater. The Mazda in some ways handles about as well as the Acura, and rides perhaps a bit better than the Acura, but doesn't have the trick AWD system.

The Acadia, on the other hand, is less expensive and considerably roomier. I just drove one with the optional HUD, and would definitely recommend that option.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My review of the MDX was from a 2003 version. I know that the 2007 version is all new with some pretty amazing technology and more hp than the older version. I chose the Acadia because it was a better deal with some of the important things I was looking for like more space for a growing family (the 3rd row in the MDX is almost useless and very hard to get into), in addition to the money saved on the vehicle itself I am also saving $$ ongoing without having to put in premium grade fuel that is recommended in the MDX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts