GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on anothe post here that someone was getting great fuel mileage buy going the speed limit. So I filled up the other day before a trip from Rockwall to Arlington (basically one side of DFW to another) and reset the fuel economy gauage. I was pretty happy with the results, 23.9 mpg with a few miles of stop and go driving. Although I will say going the speed limit in Dallas will likey get you ran over!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
614 Posts
rme8494 said:
I read on anothe post here that someone was getting great fuel mileage buy going the speed limit. So I filled up the other day before a trip from Rockwall to Arlington (basically one side of DFW to another) and reset the fuel economy gauage. I was pretty happy with the results, 23.9 mpg with a few miles of stop and go driving. Although I will say going the speed limit in Dallas will likey get you ran over!!!
Ryan
Taking pictures of your speedometer while driving will also get you run over. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree that speed definately affects gas mileage. Last spring we drove to Missouri (850 mi). I pushed it on the freeway to around 80. I averaged 19.8 mpg for the entire trip. Just last week we took it on a 1000 mi. trip through southern Colorado. Most of the trip was on state highways, mountain roads, and some freeway. I made it a point not to exceed 65 mph during the trip. Elavation varied from 5,500 ft. to 10,900 ft. The Acadia was fairly loaded, four adults, luggage, gear. We got 22.5 mpg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have to ask you all if your mileage got better with time, and if so, when do you think your mileage peaked? I have 1100 miles on mine and mileage went from 17.6 new to 19.8 now. Hope it gets better than that. :(

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
That would have been me. :) And I'm still doing the speed limit and still getting fabulous gas mileage. I have over 27K on my Acadia right now. I've had it just over a year (obviously... sig line. LOL)

Right now, by doing the speed limit, I'm getting the same gas mileage I did before that crap *** tranny flash I got last October. After that, my MPG went completely downhill. After that, I was getting maybe 18mpg highway on a good day and more like 15 around town. So I forced myself to go the speed limit wherever I go and that's brought it back up to 23.5mpg, which is a mix of all my driving (hwy and city)... probably mostly highway.

Yeah, it could be a bit dangerous and it tends to piss people off, but they aren't buying my gas, so they can stuff it where the sun don't shine... you know, like under their car. ::) I've actually only had two people get frustrated with me. Which isn't bad considering I've been doing this for nearly 2 months now. :thumb:

p.s. I take pictures while driving too. I'm never without my digital camera.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrvids said:
rme8494 said:
Ryan
Taking pictures of your speedometer while driving will also get you run over. :D
Guilty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Web Raven said:
That would have been me. :) And I'm still doing the speed limit and still getting fabulous gas mileage. I have over 27K on my Acadia right now. I've had it just over a year (obviously... sig line. LOL)

Right now, by doing the speed limit, I'm getting the same gas mileage I did before that crap *** tranny flash I got last October. After that, my MPG went completely downhill. After that, I was getting maybe 18mpg highway on a good day and more like 15 around town. So I forced myself to go the speed limit wherever I go and that's brought it back up to 23.5mpg, which is a mix of all my driving (hwy and city)... probably mostly highway.

Yeah, it could be a bit dangerous and it tends to piss people off, but they aren't buying my gas, so they can stuff it where the sun don't shine... you know, like under their car. ::) I've actually only had two people get frustrated with me. Which isn't bad considering I've been doing this for nearly 2 months now. :thumb:

Except when you are parked next to a smart car... :poke:

Sorry couldn't resist ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ajallenusmc said:
Web Raven said:

Except when you are parked next to a smart car... :poke:

Sorry couldn't resist ;D
:clap: :clap:

Nice one!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Well technically, I do have a digital camera (in my phone) but it doesn't have a flash and the picture would probably turn out crappy. Not to mention I'd feel kinda silly standing in the parking garage trying to get a good angle of the Smart Car next to the Acadia. You wanna come take the pic for me? heh

It's my brother's fault. I blame him. He borrowed it last week and hasn't given it back to me yet. Normally it's in my purse. There's a special pouch for it. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts