GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an after-market camera that I have been using with no problems. I recently installed the GMX-320 lock pick and the camera still comes on in reverse but I can't seem to get it to come on while driving. I connected the blue wire from the GMX320 to the power cable of the camera and the video plugs are connected but when I do the button sequence (window lock once and mute 4 times) the camera doesn't come on. Does anyone know why it isn't working right? Like I said the camera works fine in reverse just not while driving like it is supposed to with the lock pick.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Do you have an '07 or '08? I take it since you are using an aftermarket camera that you don't have the OEM camera module. Could it be that the blue wire is designed to work with the camera module and won't work with an aftermarket camera? Just a thought. I've been doing some research because I'm thinking about adding Nav/Backup Camera to my '08.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Loach,

I was thinking the same thing but the GMX directions state otherwise...including the 4 window lock sequence that's supposed to do the 60 second thang...amazing what I can learn from reading directions...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm assuming your video out from the 3rd party rear camera is attached to the 3rd party video connection provided on the GMX harness.

Question, how did you connect the 3rd party rear camera before the GMX?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I got the GMX I had the camerarunning to the brown harness in back of my nav and the camera power and ground are connected under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the camera is now connected to the gmx for power and through the Gmx video plug. The camera works exactly the same as it did without the GMX.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry for being obtuse...

You have the rc power connected to the GMX "blue" line and the rc video out to the GMX 3rd party video connection?

Can you confirm that when the rc receives power that a video signal is present from the rc?

What does the Nav show when you put the vehicle in reverse?

What is your pin settings for the GMX?

·
Registered
381 Posts
With the GMX installed, if the Rear Camera is not providing video to the NAV, you should get the service message (something like rear camera requires service). Have you seen this? I failed re-attach the camera harness when I installed my GMX and had a momentary panick attack (I F'd up my new car!!). I just had to re-attach the harness to the RC. This warning message will also come up with the window lock + 4 mutes while on XM (triggers the GMX composite video options).

ALthough not specifically stated, I am assuming that without the GMX, you have seen the rear camera on the NAV screen (ie your NAV has been configured by GM to use a rear camera).

Since the GMX has a separate video "IN" cable for 3rd party rear cameras, have you verified your RC video "OUT" is providing video or not?

You should be able to verify power getting to RC. I'd be surprised if the GMX isn't providing the power. It could be your wiring is not properly attached at the GMX butt connector or at the RC connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The camera is working fine in reverse so I know it isn't the camera. The other thing I found weird is that I don't have to do the button sequence for any of the other options. The dvd plays while in motion without me having to punch in the button sequence. Also I can use the address entry while in motion without having to do the button sequence. Doesw your's work like that?

·
Registered
381 Posts
DVD doesn't require a sequence to unlock.

I have to use one of the three sequences to get destinations and XM options to unlock while vehicle is moving over 10MPH.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just noticed this weekend that my aftermarket backup camera doesn't come on using the window lock + 4 mute sequence when I'm listening to an iPod using the AXIPGMLAN interface. It just comes up with the "Service rear view camera" message. If I change the audio source to FM, then the sequence performs as expected and the screen displays the rear view camera. I wonder if the way the AXIPGMLAN utilizes the XM module is somehow hosing up the lockpick's functionality a bit in this area?

Haven't tested it using XM itself because I don't subscribe. I guess I could see if it works while tuned to the XM preview channel. That would narrow it down to whether the problem occurs when having XM selected as the source generally or specifically only when the AXIPGMLAN is selected through XM.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Your GMX is working as intended

While on XM, the GM Lockpick will select the Aux Video #1 (or 2 depending DIP switch selection), vs your rear camera. I use this to display IPOD videos. Selecting one of the "next" buttons (|> or <|) will rotate between GMX Aux Vid 1 & 2.

You have to be on a different audio source, other than XM, to select your rear camera.

The service message is due to the NAV not receiving a video input and the NAV reacts as if your rear camera is not functioning. All you have to do is start a video source (which has to be connected to a GMX Aux video input) and the message goes away. I don't believe you lose the upper left message though...(something about checking for objects or safety).

Interesting to note is that once on say FM, and you get your Rear camera to display - you can select back to XM, via the SRCE button, and you will hear the XM audio again. The rear camera will continue to display. Worthless trivia...but a workaround if interested in listening to your IPOD while your rear camera is on the NAV...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks Jake. I guess because I don't use the GMX video inputs I didn't realize that. It makes complete sense though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Here's a GMX trivia question:

How many power-offs does it take for your Nav to default back to XM?

I think mine does it after 4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts