GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed this update but Coastal Tech has come out with an update to the Gen 4 / GMX-320 variants.

New versions are Gen 5 & GMX-322 (Gen 5 is a "video less" lockpick).

The 322 seems to have better aux video and camera controls. They also switched up the turn on/off button sequences.

Other than that, I couldn't tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm waiting to hear from them on this working with the 2009 Acadia. They had to install one before they will say yea or nay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any Updates as to if they tested this or not? Has anyone installed it in an 09 yet? Does it work OK?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Here is what they said on 7-30-08:

Hello

We have not done any testing yet on the 2009 model GMC Acadia because it has not been release at the dealer ship in our area

As soon as it comes out we will do testing to make sure everything works and we will update our application guide

If you have further questions please call me 321 574 5645

I called & spoke to them today & they still list the 2009 as unapproved, with no time frame for doing so. Maybe someone in that area needs to pony up a 2009 for a Guinea pig!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm no longer planning on buying one since the $3 nav over ride switch thread- it is stickied in the AV section, and this was the main reason I wanted the device. I do have one in my Dodge, they make a good product. I'd call or email and see what they say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
3/31/09

Hello David,

The GMX322 will work great with your 09 Acadia.

--
Please let me know if I may assist you further.
Brett
Coastal Electronics
[email protected]
www.CoastalEtech.com
1-800-507-2234

Moderator edit
This is apparently an email one of our members received- the member does not work at Coastal Tech.
Apparently good news for 2009 owners![/color]

·
Registered
47 Posts
bigmacdave said:
3/31/09

Hello David,

The GMX322 will work great with your 09 Acadia.

--
Please let me know if I may assist you further.
Brett
Coastal Electronics
[email protected]
www.CoastalEtech.com
1-800-507-2234

Moderator edit
This is apparently an email one of our members received- the member does not work at Coastal Tech.
Apparently good news for 2009 owners![/color]
How funny, I got the exact same email verbatim from the exact same guy at Costal a few days ago. Granted I asked the same question, EXCEPT I asked about the iPhone lockpick and if it will disrupt my OnStar my Turn-by-turn directions.... and that part of my question was conveniently ignored. Wonder why....

One thing to consider which I discovered after actually watching through all the Coastal video's... to intercept your rear cam you need to run the [blue]wire all the way to the back to a compartment on the side behind the third seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HEADS UP FOR THE 09'ers!

I have a 2009 Enclave, and the OnStar "Turn by turn" and new for the 09's "Destination Download" (addy sent right to your nav screen) WILL NOT WORK WITH THE LOCKPICK! :angryfire:

However, if you don't care about those things, being able to use your nav while driving and not having to pull over to input an address is well worth the tradeoff IMO :cheers:

I cant confirm this is true on the 09 Acadia, but i'm pretty sure it will be...

CoastalETech did advise they are trying to get someone in their area in FL w/ a OnStar subscription to scan the system because the dealership have none with OnStar activated.

One more thing... I cannot install the "blue wire" to my backup camera because they changed the location in the 09 Enclave and now have to splice right into the camera on the liftgate which I'm sure you can image is pretty much impossible. :banghead: Again, not sure if this is true for the 09 Acadias.... Just thought I would share the knowledge :angel:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Big517 said:
...However, if you don't care about those things, being able to use your nav while driving and not having to pull over to input an address is well worth the tradeoff IMO
GMC Acadia with navigation: $40,000
Coastal Tech Lockpick: $249 to $349
Nav input bypass: $3
Membership in the Acadia Forum: Priceless
;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the email I received from Lockpick coastaletech.com

" Thanks for your email regarding the Directions download being block is not the lock pick we have found the GM will have a fix for this problem soon

If you have any questions please contact me 321 574 5645"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts