GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just found this forum and I am getting ready to purchase an 08/09 Acadia & would like to get my hands on a GMS Certificate number (not supplier, I have that, but rather the GM Employee Discount code).

I was told that GM employees can give this to friends and family thru August 19th.

If anyone could "hook me up" I would really, really appreciate it! Thanks in advance... :cheers:

~Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If that is the case, it would be great. I looked at the Family First website & their rules and guidelines are pretty detailed about who can use GMS (I copied the first part below). If it is a limited time promotion, I'd like to find out more about it.

Eligibility
Eligible participant
I. GM New Vehicle & Company-Owned Vehicle Purchase Programs (NVPP & COVPP)
Regular active, flexible service, special flexible service and regular retired employees.
The surviving spouses of deceased retired eligible employees.
Laid-off GM employees that are still receiving pay or benefits.
Employees on approved disability leave of absence – eligible during the entire period of their disability leave.
GM college co-ops and interns – eligible during their period of employment with GM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that it is a limited time thing... We will see! I will update you if I find out more...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found an article about GM allowing the discount to be shared with friends until 7/31 on autoweek.com. Unfortunately I can't get the link to post. A comment posted by a reader says this was extended until 8/18.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, wandawoman, for helping to clairfy it for me...

So, if anyone would happen to have a GMS # they would be willing to share that would be great!

Thanks again!

~Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
OK, think I found it. I Googled the topic, and found this page:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/do/greeting-cards

I then found this:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/GMEMP/content/media/pdf/flyers/2008_07_discount.pdf

Looks like you have to take delivery by 8-19!

1) Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. See dealer for details. 2) Take retail delivery by 8/19/08. 3) Not available with some offers. Take retail delivery by 8/19/08. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
See dealer for details.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I hacked the "Build your own" page on GM Employee pricing (can't build a 2009, so you start with a 2008 and when you are on the select color page go to the address up top on your browser & change the 2008 to 2009) so I could see 2009 prices.

My FWD SLT2 is $37,205 (estimated, advanced remote start is not on there yet). My deal is for $38,963.35 with all fees. Figuring about $200 for fees at my dealer, this works out to $37,405, or a savings of $1,558.35!

Time to start sucking up to some GM Employees! Hope this offer gets extended.

EDIT
Just realized the technology package is also not on that page, so this ups the price around $450 or so, still about $1,100 less than my best deal.

EDIT 2- D'oh
I just realized my paperwork from my dealer has GMS on it for my order (it also has MSRP and supplier). GMS is $37,553.00. If I add $200 for fees, my savings would be about $1,210. I guess my estimate above was fairly close.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I emailed my dealer & he says this can be applied to my ordered 2009. Now if it is extended into September I am halfway there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great reasearch blue...  I knew that I was not crazy...

I am ready to go and have found a 2008 the way we want it...  So I could take delivery by 8-19! 

Now I just need someone to hook me up!  I am a Pro Photographer here in Florida, so I would be happy to hook someone up w/a FREE Family Beach Session for trade...  (A $500 Value)

Thanks!

~Jonathan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, that would be great! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to buy a Acadia in the next day or two.

If anyone has a GMS certificate I would be very appreciative.

Since I'm a computer forensic guy I'll throw in free hard disk recovery (as long as the mechanics are intact) in for trade. :)

Thanks!

01-16-69/76012

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I see most have done it, but I would not throw out my DOB & ZIP on the Internet. If an employee sees this, they can PM you for that info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts