GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blob: Finally got the call that the vehicle is IN! Will pick it up tomorrow evening! BUT :-[ :angryfire:, GM did NOT put on the trailering package, or the convenience package! My dealer was steaming when he called.

I told him I could live without remote start, and to just order me the cargo nets. He said they can also easily put on the trailering package for us. HOWEVER, what the hell! We've been waiting since January 23! How does something like this happen?? I think I've read a while back in someone else's post that this happened to them. When he first said, "I have some bad news." I said, "let me guess, after waiting all this time for the Blue-Gold, it arrived in another color??" Fortunately, THAT wasn't the problem!!! They are going to try to get everything done, as we ordered it, tomorrow. If so, we'll be there with bells on to pick it up. Otherwise, we'll have to wait another day or two. What's the difference at this late date?!! :beer:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like a different car that they are trying to sell you. Did you get a copy of the order number when they first placed your order? If so, check and see if this is the same order number. Also check and see if the original order included the items that are now missing. I would not compromise if it were me.

Remember, if the dealer adds on the trailer package, it it still a lot different than what the factory does. You will not have the upgraded cooling system etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
:blob: Congrats etgus!!

But how disappointing that they couldn't get the order right. :mad:

I agree with MrBiz....I would not settle. Make sure that the order was sent in correctly and that you get everything you wanted or else they should compensate you in some way.

Louise

·
Registered
246 Posts
MrBiz said:
Sounds like a different car that they are trying to sell you. Did you get a copy of the order number when they first placed your order. If so, check and see if this is the same order number. Also check and see if the original order included the items that are now missing. I would not compromise if it were me.
I agree. The whole point to ordering a vehicle as opposed to taking something off the lot is to get all of what you want or
need in a vehicle. I would check all the documentation you have to see if everything matches up, as it sounds to me that
someone dropped the ball. I see 3 possibiliies, 2 of which would be a dealer issue:

1. The plant got the order wrong
2. The dealer screwed up on the original order
3. The dealer sold your vehicle on you, and is trying to pawn off a similar but not the
same vehicle as a replacement.

Etgus, were you given a VIN during the build process? If so, double check that this matches the vehicle
being delivered to you.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Something like this DOESN'T happen unless the order is submitted correctly and verified. Many of times, you'll place an order at the dealer, and through either a simple mistake or a computer glitch, they'll submit an order missing something or with something extra--but should always check it afterwards, and you should too.

GM only builds exactly from the order sheets that are submitted, so if it isn't on there and nobody checked after it hit the system, it'll get built that way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everyone. Wow, lots to think about. First, we know the dealer quite well. Has owned this family business for like 40 years. My inlaws have purchased numerous cars from them over the years. So, Eric and I are pretty confident that he (our dealer) submitted the dealer to the larger GM dealer he orders through. I think, however, there is a good possibility that the larger dealer who actually sent the order to GM, may have submitted it incorrectly.

2. Nope, he only got the VIN end of last week. I should have asked for it, but he told me that means the car would be delivered soon and I knew I wasn't going to call GM to track it. So, we figured, just relax and wait another week or so. When the dealer did call me, he was quite upset about the screw up actually. When I told him I was concerned about the tow package due to the coolant issue, he said that is not a problem.

We did call him back and tell him to go ahead and have the dealer put on everything we asked for that was missing (remote start, cargo nets, tow pkg). (I was considering living without the remote start and have them take it off the invoice). Like I mentioned, it should all be taken care of Monday. HOWEVER, we know him well enough to be candid and blunt ie. tell me where the mistake happened.

I am now under the impression, it wasn't GM afterall. As far as the order being submitted wrong, as far as we were concerned, our copy of the order when we left his office was CORRECT. So the other dealer very well could have punched it in wrong.

3. I know for a fact, they aren't trying to sell me a car that isn't mine. R. has been tracking our car since the order date and everything has been going along with the timeline as he has stated. (also, the little odd accessories and add-ons we ordered ARE on the car!)

All in all, if things are not done to our satisfaction, obviously, we will not be paying for anything we don't get!!

Thanks for all your support. I'll know more Monday or Tuesday and will update this post!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Etgus, they may install a trailer hitch, but you will not get the tow package offered from the factory. That includes a heavy duty cooling system. Also, The dealer can't add the factory Convenience Package. You mentioned that the car has all the little extras you asked for. What are those extras?

Here's the bottom line.... If you are happy with what they are offering you, fine. Enjoy your new car.

It does sound like you've been taken, however.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr.B: Yikes! I will be sure to ask him tomorrow about the heavy duty cooling system. My husband and I know about that. I remember Honda saying they could add it after as well.

Why do you think they can't?? Also, the convenience pck. is just the remote start and cargo nets I think. I will double check to be sure EVERYTHING will be there. Yes, this stinks. I hate to have to play detective to be sure it all going to be ok.

"Taken" as in how? As in, they are telling me they can make it "right" but really can't?? If I didn't trust R. so much, I would be more worried. BUT, I sure can't wait until morning when I can talk to him again!

Thanks Mr. B. You've pumped me up!! I'm ready to fight hard!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Convenience Package, includes (AP3) Remote start, keyless entry and (UD7) Ultrasonic rear parking assist (PDD)

Trailering Package, includes (V08) heavy-duty cooling and (VR2) trailer hitch (V92)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Biz: Yep, I agree, we checked out the info last night. To make a long story short.....talked to the dealer this morning and told him we will not accept that car with any aftermarket corrections! I told him I did some research and learned that they CAN NOT add items that should have been done at the factory. He AGREED. They are already working hard to either locate me an almost identical match, and they are in touch with GM regarding having a new car built. We will have to see how long it will take. Don't want to wait another 12 weeks.

The error was made when the vehicle was ordered. I asked him how no one caught this, and that I should have pestered him more. He said the dealer he ordered from sent him confirmation but some kind of confirmation later was wrong and no one caught it. ie. my dealer AND his dealer.

We stood strong and there were no difficulties in our conversations this morning. Now we just wait...again. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
425 Posts
etgus...I think you did the right thing by refusing the car. I'm sure you were just itching to start driving it...but you need them to do this correctly at the GM Assembly Plant...not at the dealership. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks Fenwah. We feel pretty good now about how we handled it, and how our dealer and his dealer our handling it. There was no debate involved. They just got right on the horn to rebuild or find!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
:( Sorry etgus....but I think you did the right thing too. But what a disappointment after waiting so long.

Louise

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good afternoon Louise! Yes, imagine waiting 12 weeks to get the exciting call, to then be told..."but....most of your options were ordered!!!" I am trying to remain calm and just wait for more news this afternoon.

Ideally, the dealer will locate me a blue-gold with similar options and just get us that one, asap! Otherwise, they will have one built. Good thing I have a great car that still works until then!

Thanks for the uplifting comments! I appreciate them all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts