GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acadia went in the shop Jan 28th for cams/head replacement. Called the toll free GMC customer service line on February 15th because dealer was still waiting for parts, talked to Lilly. She said she'd call on 2/21 to see if repairs were progressing. On 2/21 she didn't call, so I called and was told Shelly now handled my case as Lilly was no longer there. Shelly was to call me on 2/22, but did not. So I called and left a message on her answering machine on 2/22 and also 2/26. At 5 PM on 2/26 I called and talked to John Mack who told me Shelly had closed my case, even though the Acadia was still in the shop and Shelly had never talked to me. John Mack who reopened the case. I called again on 2/27, and talked to Annamae. She called me on 3/4 (only GMC person to call me back) and said she'd call again on 3/7 at 10 AM. I called on 3/7 and was told Annamae no longer works there. Now Steve tells me someone else will call me from GMC customer service within 24 hours. Moral of the story? If you work at GMC customer service and I'm on the other end of your phone line your career there is over.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR A GM ZONE REP IN MICHIGAN?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Sorry I don't have a number, but that whole ordeal is pathetic. What the heck is going on GM?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets better...the Mrs went to pick it up today after it's been in the shop about 40 days, as they were leaving the dealership my daughter said "hey, this panel is unbolted off the floor and there are a bunch of tools back here". So we're hoping it is fixed but we're not really sure.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mrvids said:
It gets better...the Mrs went to pick it up today after it's been in the shop about 40 days, as they were leaving the dealership my daughter said "hey, this panel is unbolted off the floor and there are a bunch of tools back here". So we're hoping it is fixed but we're not really sure.
Left over tools are always a positive. It means that they did actually do something. :thumb:
I had taken a previous car somewhere, and waited for service to be done. They came back to me an hour later and said it was all done, but they couldn't locate my keys. ??? OOPs, Cause the keys were still in my pocket, SO HOW EXACTLY DID YOU FIX THAT AGAIN. :eek:hno: :angryfire:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrvids said:
I wasn't sure if the tools were a lovely parting gift, or a hint to "fix it yourself next time". ;D She returned them. It was the battery cover left open I guess. It's not as though they hurried to fix it.
Tonight I did get my case elevated with GMC customer care to a level 2 agent (whatever that means) and talked to the quality control person at the Lansing plant, will share info as I get it so others don't have to wait as long to get issues resolved.

·
Registered
812 Posts
bonk1313 said:
mrvids said:
Left over tools are always a positive. It means that they did actually do something. :thumb:
I had taken a previous car somewhere, and waited for service to be done. They came back to me an hour later and said it was all done, but they couldn't locate my keys. ??? OOPs, Cause the keys were still in my pocket, SO HOW EXACTLY DID YOU FIX THAT AGAIN. :eek:hno: :angryfire:
:rofl: you crank me up!!! ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
mrvids said:
Or they could have just been using it as a tool box for the past 40 days. Unreal.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't you all see, it's the oldest trick in the book. They left the tools and the battery box open so you would THINK they actually worked on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it just sat there for the 40 days. Those mechanics in the dealers get waaay too much money for what they actually do.

I don't think I mentioned how much taking my GMC van would have cost if I had not replaced the fuel pump myself...... The dealer said it would be a minimum of $1200.00...... IF... that was the problem. That word, IF, would have the left the door open for another thousand dollars at least. Looks like I better by the manual for the Acadia and become familiar with it....just in case.

I hope all is well now!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found a big scratch on the back hatch when we got it home, I'm guessing the body shop is getting some of the dealerships money they lost on fixing our Acaida. Did I mention it cost the dealership $1500 for my rental?
I am sure things will just get better from here on out, unless we wreck it how could it get worse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just got my 2008 Acadia back after three weeks. Cam and head replacement. I will be calling GM on Monday. I have to say after being a loyal GM car and truck owner for my whole life. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Engine is horrible - already needed a rebuild (6k miles), transmission is laughable it never seems to be in the right gear. Dealer service pitiful. I test drove the car several times before buying and have been unhappy with the one I took home since the first week. This engine rebuild is the third time in the shop since new 4 months ago. And to think I traded in a 2003 Tahoe Z71 for this dog :banghead:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GMC customer service offered to make one car payment of $350 for having our Acadia in the shop for 43 days. That seems a bit low to me, I'm calling them back Monday with a counter offer. What would you ask for?[/color]
Having a smaller rental car forced us to swap cars, take two cars to some events, so it was a bit of a hassle having room for 4 fewer people in the rental.

BTW, the body shop took care of the scratch, great response, no waiting, no paperwork to take care of...they just jumped in and took care of it. ;D

·
Registered
812 Posts
with all your ordeal regarding your vehicle mrvids, i admire your patience.... if it was i, i might do something stupid.... >:D

why dont they just pay you up or have a new one replaced for you? :angryfire:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My friend who works at a Chevy dealer said to ask for $1000. I was considering $20 a day, which would be about $800. Does that sound out of line?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same engine cam problem. In shop 5 weeks. This is what I was offered - one month car payment, 0 deductible GMC extended warranty (5 years/100,000 mi.) and 2 years of oil changes provided by the dealer. I was also provided a new Acadia to drive while mine was being repaired.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
acadia08pb said:
Same engine cam problem. In shop 5 weeks. This is what I was offered - one month car payment, 0 deductible GMC extended warranty (5 years/100,000 mi.) and 2 years of oil changes provided by the dealer. I was also provided a new Acadia to drive while mine was being repaired.
So did you take the offer?
I did not get a new Acadia to drive, only an Equinox. Had already purchased the extended warrenty, can't remember the deductible for that...probably $100. They messed up my paperwork orginally so I was supposed to get two years of free oil changes anyway. Do you mind telling me (us) what your monthly payment they were going to take care of was?
If I was given an Acadia to drive I wouldn't ask for so much but when you have to make two trips or take two vehicles to get the whole family somewhere it bites.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mrvids said:
Resolved to satisfaction of both parties. :thumb:
Did the dealership service department take care of you, or was it higher in the food chain if you know what I mean

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dealership was not a factor, they didn't keep me up to date on parts arrival. Had to go through GMC customer service, and keep calling them as my voice was the kiss of death. Agents would talk to me on the phone, and when I'd call back a few days later the agent I had talked to had been fired. Twice. The third agent closed my case without talking to me. Agent 4 elevated my case one step up, then a plea on another web site was answered and my case was elevated again. Within a few days with agent # 5 my case has been resolved. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out. I've been watching this thread since you started it. What a crappy time you had. I still have my fingers crossed I don't have these problems some of you are experiencing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts