GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really confused. I went to the dealer today figuring I was going to need to order what I want and they have a unit close by that is REALLY close to what I want.

I was able to find the window sticker (online) for the vehicle in stock. The interesting thing is that when I configure the exact same vehicle at gmc.com and compare it to the window sticker pricing the numbers don't match. For example, $1,400 in add-on options at gmc.com equates to $1,080 on the window sticker. (exact same options). The base MSRP for the trim package specified is different as well - the window sticker being less than the same trim level on the GMC website.

What is the deal? Does GM sometimes offer incentives to dealers (that actually show up as different MSRPs) that you don't get if you order them? Or did the 08s get a price increase after they came out? The car that is in stock is a bit more than we want, and the dealer is offering incentive to encourage us. But I'm trying to figure out if gmc.com is an accurate reflection of what the MSRP would be if I ordered it.

Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
542 Posts
I ordered mine back in May. At the time, like you, I had all the pricing info from the website. I also had one from Edmunds which varied slightly. My experience in ordering was that the dealer had the same base price and option price as I found on the GMC site. The only difference was an added $750 for dealer advertising that made the dealer price higher. My numbers for options both MSRP and invoice were the same as the dealer. In ordering I think I probably saved around $5,000 from the price of acadias on the lot. My dealer charged me $11 over factory invoice price. I can say that our prices matched exactly except for the $750 ad fee. Not sure what is going on with your deal but I would price it out at invoice on the GMC site and maybe another. If it is less than what the dealer is showing use that to get the price down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've figured out part of the answer: gmc.com puts the destination fee in as part of the MSRP. On the sticker it's added at the end - so the MSRPs are different numbers.

I still haven't figured out why $1,400 in options on gmc.com is $1,080 on the sticker.

Jim

·
Registered
246 Posts
I dunno for sure about gmc.com, but gm canada's pricing matches my window sticker excatly. Make sure you
are comparing the same model year, as the price went up slightly between 07 and 08, and some of the options
changed price between the 2 model years. Also, I think XM became a std feature on the 08, which partly
accounts for the price increase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
08 GMC Acadia SLT1 Liquid Silver/Titanium

Ordered in late August. Took delivery on Oct 4

Only options are E61 Power Liftgate, PDD-Convenience Pkg.

Invoice was $32044.18, destination $795- paid $32779.38.

Stcker was $34360, destination $795- Retail- $35095.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The true pricing is what the dealer quotes you from their computer. The GMC website matched my dealers quote. I ordered my car & paid $1000.00 under MSRP. My dealer is not dealing much off of the window sticker price.

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts