GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Ryan Vaughn, and I am the Communications Director at Good GMC Isuzu in Grand Rapids, MI. I am here until 5:00, and will be monitoring this topic frequently thereafter. If anyone has any questions they would like answered 'straight from the horse's mouth' so to speak, I'm taking any and all questions related to the GMC Acadia.

If you would like to IM me, please visit our website and click on the chat icon in the top right corner.

THANKS! :thumb:

http://www.goodgmc.com/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but nothing other than trucks. Their line of cars etc. tanked, so they decided to focus their energy on trucks, and by all accounts they deliver an excellent product in that area. Actually, at Good GMC all we carry is the NPR line, which is a medium duty commercial truck. However, I am here to talk about the Acadia, so let's stick to that. ;)
In any event, I will do everything I can to answer your questions HONESTLY (I'm not a salesman, I'm just trying to help) to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
148 Posts
WHAT MAKES GOOD GMC SO AWESOME?!??!?!?!?

·
Registered
284 Posts
gnarboots11 said:
WHAT MAKES GOOD GMC SO AWESOME?!??!?!?!?
Let's not start populating the threads dealers try to be nice and be in, by throwing out random questions again.

Here's one--how many Acadias does your dealer typically get in and sell each month? Any common trade-ins you've seen on them?

·
Registered
389 Posts
How do you choose your order allocation? Do you go across the board or only SLE's or only SLT-2 loaded? Or middle of the road? Some dealers seem to not order in a very good variety.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is the delivery time for a vehicle that was picked up by GM on 9/4/07 (dealer said that they had one allocation and used it for my vehicle)? They are saying 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mama2girls said:
How do you choose your order allocation? Do you go across the board or only SLE's or only SLT-2 loaded? Or middle of the road? Some dealers seem to not order in a very good variety.
GREAT one. I always wonder about dealer orders and the model spread they get, particularly with so many sometimes having combos that are just odd.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello, appreciate you taking the time to answer questions from all of us. Mine concerns the new color coming out early next year. The color is Platinum Ice. What do know about it. Have you seen it on another type of GM car, and how does it compare to the liquid silver color? Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
skyhawk said:
Hello, appreciate you taking the time to answer questions from all of us. Mine concerns the new color coming out early next year. The color is Platinum Ice. What do know about it. Have you seen it on another type of GM car, and how does it compare to the liquid silver color? Thanks.
I can answer this. Platinum Ice really has nothing to do with the Liquid Silver (two different colors, which will both be offered at the same time), but rather it is taking the place of White Diamond.

Compared to the White Diamond, the Platinum Ice (a new color across many GM vehicles) tends to be a bit brighter of a white initially and also in certain lights give off a few more hints of other colors, just due to the sparkle. It's just another iteration of pearl white, with less "yellow" than the current White Diamond, and more crispness.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you know if it is currently out on a GM car? I would like to see it in person. I am considering the color. Can't decide between Summit White, Liquid Silver, or the new color.

·
Registered
284 Posts
skyhawk said:
Thanks for the info. Do you know if it is currently out on a GM car? I would like to see it in person. I am considering the color. Can't decide between Summit White, Liquid Silver, or the new color.
No, I don't think it's out yet, it's supposedly a late intro on all of the vehicles it will be offered on, most of which now are still being made with White Diamond--until that is stopped, and it is replaced by the Platinum Ice.

The Deville/DTS in the last year or so were offered in a color called White Lightening, which I believe is very similar, if not almost identical. But, in reality, most won't be able to tell much of a difference between the current White Diamond and the new Platinum Ice, so if you like the White Diamond or would like it more in a touch more white of a shade (again, almost imperceptible, I think), it might be the ticket. Otherwise, you could just save the extra cost and go with the basic Summit White or Liquid Silver. The true proof won't come until there is a real Platinum Ice vehicle to see, however soon that may happen--but don't expect it to be all that different from WD, just a smidge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Again, thanks. I always thought the White Diamond was an attempt to copy or give the impression of a Lexus model. I like the color, it tends to show a hint of brown in certain light. I usually don't like cars in white. But, for some reason, I like the way it looks on the Acadia. However, I think the silver looks very sporty. Hard decision. If I could decide, I could go ahead and order the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1. We typically sell about six Acadia per month, and acquire anywhere from 6-10, although these numbers change almost monthly.
2. We choose our order allocation based upon what is selling the best, which I imagine is the same way that other dealers choose theirs. Silver seems to be popular right now, so 3 of our 9 Acadia next month will be silver. As far as options go, we're usually around 50/50 on SLT/SLE and AWD/FWD. We also order about half with the DVD entertainment package and half without, as that option is pretty popular as well.
3. For an order picked up on the 4th, most likely your vehicle will be built 5 weeks later. GMC is pretty good about staying on track w/Acadia, so I would guess that you would receive your new Acadia in about 6 weeks from that date. Most likely your dealership is simply giving themselves some wiggle room with the 6-8 week timeframe so that you aren't unhappy if something takes longer than expected.
4. I have not yet seen the platinum ice color myself, so I cannot speak educatedly on it. I do know that we cannot build it yet, but I believe we will be able to do so come December.

·
Registered
99 Posts
kermitthefrizzle said:
1. We typically sell about six Acadia per month, and acquire anywhere from 6-10, although these numbers change almost monthly.
2. We choose our order allocation based upon what is selling the best, which I imagine is the same way that other dealers choose theirs. Silver seems to be popular right now, so 3 of our 9 Acadia next month will be silver. As far as options go, we're usually around 50/50 on SLT/SLE and AWD/FWD. We also order about half with the DVD entertainment package and half without, as that option is pretty popular as well.
3. For an order picked up on the 4th, most likely your vehicle will be built 5 weeks later. GMC is pretty good about staying on track w/Acadia, so I would guess that you would receive your new Acadia in about 6 weeks from that date. Most likely your dealership is simply giving themselves some wiggle room with the 6-8 week timeframe so that you aren't unhappy if something takes longer than expected.
4. I have not yet seen the platinum ice color myself, so I cannot speak educatedly on it. I do know that we cannot build it yet, but I believe we will be able to do so come December.
Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome! :) Glad I could help!
As far as trade-ins, I have yet to see someone trade in their Acadia, which I think should be taken as a good thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
can a awd acadia be taken on light off road use ? such as beach driving/ on loose but not deep sand/ also are they major diff in 08 awd and o7 awd ?Also I have been told to turn off traction control if I do drive on sand /please explain why?

·
Registered
730 Posts
kermitthefrizzle said:
As far as trade-ins, I have yet to see someone trade in their Acadia, which I think should be taken as a good thing.
how much has the 2007 model depreciated?
example: 2007 base SLE, 4000 miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1. Generally, even the AWD Acadia is meant for on-road use. However, in answer to your question, it really depends on the type of sand and the type of driving you are planning on doing. Hard-packed sand you would probably be ok, but soft & deep sand you may have trouble. As far as your driving plans, if you are planning on going "off-roading", don't. If you are planning on simply driving slowly on hard sand to get to a good spot to tailgate on the beach, you would probably be ok. In terms of turning off your TC, it likely wouldn't matter if you had it on or off as long as you were driving on hard sand. On softer sand, you would definitely want to turn it off, because if you had it on you are more likely to get stuck and/or have problems. All in all, if it were me I would turn it off regardless; better safe than sorry. :thumb:

2. I really wish I could give you a straightforward answer to your question, but as I'm sure you've heard before, "what it's worth is what you can get for it." The most I would be able to do is tell you what we would likely pay for it, but even then, there are too many unknown variables in your description of the vehicle for me to do so. All I can really say at this point is that the Acadia remains a very popular vehicle, and as such it likely still holds a relatively high residual value. I'm sorry I couldn't be more exact. :-\

1 - 20 of 60 Posts