GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 GMC Acadia. I want to upgrade the navigation system. On the GM navigation website it states that my 2016 Acadia is compatible to upgrade to the 2017 version via a usb drive. Has anyone tried to upgrade from the 2016 version to 2018-2020 version successfully? I’ve searched online and can’t find anything about upgrading to the latest version. I’m wondering if it’s possible or can I only upgrade to the 2017 version?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
.... Has anyone tried to upgrade from the 2016 version to 2018-2020 version successfully? .... I’m wondering if it’s possible or can I only upgrade to the 2017 version?
Your vehicle is a Lambda platform Acadia. The Gen2 Acadia (2017-now) is totally different - the C1XX platform. The best GM 'upgrade' you could do is from a 2017 Acadia Limited - the last Lambda-platform Acadia built by GMC.

Reactions: Sam1992

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Do you want to upgrade the entire system to later specs? or just get the latest map updates?

George

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want to upgrade the entire system to later specs? or just get the latest map updates?

George
I definitely want to upgrade the navigation system but I wouldn’t mind upgrading the entire system. I’ve researched on how to update the navigation system via Disc/USB. . I’m not sure exactly what I would need or how much it would cost to update the entire system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts