GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2012 GMC has been in the dealership shop (3) times for the above. The check engine light will go on with the message Service Stabiltrak, then Service Traction Control, Then Traction Control Off, then Reduced Engine Power. Always an electrical smell in cab of car.

Last time was in shop they said 4 codes showed up, but they couldnt figure it out nor would the check engine and all the messages show. They said the smell was a pin hole in the water pump and that must have been the odor, so they replaced. Its in the shop again as it would not go over about 15 mph and took right into the dealership. Its been in since 10/5/2019 and they still do not know what the issue is. Also, prior to taking in this time I had mentioned that upon starting in the morning there is a weird sound like a belt making a fluttering noise, then stops.

I'm at a loss and I think the service department is as well. I see recalls but not for this VIN # 1GKKVTED3CJ145933 or year 2012.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Christine

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Would be helpful to know what codes were shown. It's really the only way to narrow the scope of any discussion.

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
the pin hole--- must have been the Weep hole.
Weep hole is a small round opening- where coolant will leak from when the seals begin to fail.

Here is a water pump with a weep hole- and signs of leakage.
Random picture from online--- dont know what vehicle it goes into

1 - 4 of 4 Posts