GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have seen this thread on the forum but couldnt get some solid answer so far. My AC suddenly stopped working yesterday after a whistling sound from the blower. Now it is only throwing in air. When I try to turn on the AC , it flashes 3 times and then turn off. What can it be ? A gas leak or a compressor issue ? I drive sle2 gmc acadia 2014.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
It's an "either, or" situation. You'll have to charge the system and make sure the compressor functions properly. Then, check for leaks. You'll find a lot of information on the forum about possible causes of an A/C malfunction and where the most common of them occur.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I have seen this thread on the forum but couldnt get some solid answer so far. My AC suddenly stopped working yesterday after a whistling sound from the blower. Now it is only throwing in air. When I try to turn on the AC , it flashes 3 times and then turn off. What can it be ? A gas leak or a compressor issue ? I drive sle2 gmc acadia 2014.
It depends on the outside temp....We have had several customers with this same complaint only to research and find that this is normal if the outside temp is cooler than the temp that you have the climate control set to. Before you spend money getting something fixed that isn't broken.....READ THE OWNERS MANUAL

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
.... Before you spend money getting something fixed that isn't broken.....READ THE OWNERS MANUAL
IIRC, the A/C light should stay illuminated at outside temps >40°F (4°C) when that function is selected, or other functions like defog/defrost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It depends on the outside temp....We have had several customers with this same complaint only to research and find that this is normal if the outside temp is cooler than the temp that you have the climate control set to. Before you spend money getting something fixed that isn't broken.....READ THE OWNERS MANUAL
Section 8-2.........."The indicator light flashes three times and turns off when outside conditions affect air conditions affect air conditioning operation. This is normal" This is out of the 2014 Owners Manual. My 2019 Manual says that the light should stay on no matter what the temps are outside.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Section 8-2.........."The indicator light flashes three times and turns off when outside conditions affect air conditions affect air conditioning operation. This is normal" This is out of the 2014 Owners Manual. ...
This is the quote for the air conditioning paragraph: "... The air conditioning system does not operate when the outside temperature is below 4°C (40°F). The indicator light flashes three times and turns off when outside conditions affect air conditioning operation. This is normal. "

Then, there's this one for defog: "When this mode is selected, the system turns off recirculation and runs the air conditioning unless the outside temperature is less than 4°C (40°F)."

And, this one is for defrost: "The air conditioning system runs automatically in this setting, unless the outside temperature is less than 4°C (40°F)."

It's the same regardless of type of climate control (manual or automatic). The light flashes three times and shuts off for various A/C system faults when the outside temperature is above about 40°F - most commonly it's an indication of low refrigerant charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts